Gas Cap for Harbor Freight Clone needed

joekd

Do you need the chrome one (full tank) or the plastic one (L tank)? Not sure if they are interchangeable or not

If it's the chrome one I have one, just replied to your thread on the brake handle, if you want that I will throw this in for free

I forget who was going to send me one. But I havent got it yet. I need one for a Harbor Freight 6.5hp Blue clone which has the black plastic cap originally. I don't care if it is black or chrome as long as it keeps the gas in... lol. If anyone has one PM me with what you want and I will pm you my address. Thanks Randy

joekd

As far as I can tell the black and chrome fit different, I tried to use my chrome one (which was on the rectangular tank) on my newer clone (L shape) and it didn't seal right

Yo,
I have one along with the whole tank... I am welding three aluminum tanks and, will also have one of these available. It will be 4.0" Diam X 10.0" long. Alum cap and Stop cock.
Anyone interested -- let me know. As soon as one of these tanks is done -- I will let you know...

Mike

it was me. I sent you a chrome one but im not sure its going to fit.
I havent gotten it yet. I hope it works out though. Chrome is always good. I have 3 other tanks I am working on as well. One from a sportster that may still be too big. An unknown that is smaller but should work. And one from possible a Norton Motorcycle. The last one looks like it will fit the best on the Baja but needs some work and to be painted. I will take some pics after I clean them out. I have them full of vinegar right now cleaning out the rust...Stuff works great so far...Randy