Getting paint off a Plastic Fuel Tank

Sorry, I haven't paid much attention to the painting plastic tanks threads so much, but have seen them floating around. Never seen anyone pose the question in the opposite sense though.

I have a plastic fuel tank that someone must have tried to paint at one time and stopped:confused: or maybe they got all of it off except the little bit that's there.

Does anyone have a safer way (so as not to damage/scratch the plastic) than just scraping it off - to strip the paint off the plastic? I dont know diddly about chemical reaction with plastic and don't want to go about ruining a nice tank that can be salvaged.

Thanks.

If its cheap rattle can crap there is a couple ways, most paint does not stick to plastic well a compressor with a fine tip blow gun start at a flake and the paint will blow it off, also but hard to hold just the local car wash wear your waders hold it with your feet and the water psi will blow it off. Last cheap paint does not hold up to gas, fill a bucket up with some gas and soak the tank then a scrub brush and comet.

125ccCrazy

Heavy Duty Easy Off oven cleaner takes paint off plastic, spray the tank down real heavy and put it in a plastic bag and let it soak...