Ghoast in the machine - 6.5hp clone

My boss about 6 months back brough me a pressure washer with a 6.5 clone on it. It would not start an locked when you pulled the starter. I opened it up and found a bent washer sitting on top of the piston. We reassembled it and it ran great, he went back to the service agent and claimed that they must have put it in there as they wanted to sell him a new motor.

Anyway today William Tom and I take our trike to a mates farm to test it in sand dunes. The road there was as bummpy as hell, was watching the trike bounce around on the trailer. When we get there I go to start it and the engine locks at TDC. Peeved we left:confused:

Get home and decide to strip the motor on the cart. Valve cover comes off nothing looks wrong. Then i removed the head - and what do I find - A bent washer.
This motor has never been opened or worked on - stock out the shop.

There is only one litle impact mark, must have been on the first pull to start the motor. The only thing I can think of is during assembly they dropped a washer in the carb or exhaust port and the really rough road and the valve open could have shaken it into the bore.

Can find anything else on the net like this?
Anyone else have this happen?

Oh engine is running fine only I have this bit left over, do I have to strip down again and put it back or am I ok to run.

What is this and where does it go

Thanks

D

Never heard of anything like that. Sounds pretty crazy. As far as the pic that's the bushing that goes between head and block where the head bolts go. However there should be more than one. Sometimes they stay in place take a look at your head/block and see if the other are in place still.

Mike.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Never heard of anything like that. Sounds pretty crazy. As far as the pic that's the bushing that goes between head and block where the head bolts go. However there should be more than one. Sometimes they stay in place take a look at your head/block and see if the other are in place still.

Mike.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Sweet it's running great only don't really want to strip it down again. Really what are the odds of a washer in a sealed engine finding it's way to the top of the piston

Last edited:
What I find really wierd is not only my engine, but my bosses too. Seriously 1 in a million for his engine, but mine too. Makes me wonder wether the local HF agent is'nt doing it. He bought his presuure washer from them aswell.:eek:ut:

This one is to difficult to blame on zombies, but i'm starting to think I need to put foil inside my helmet:wink:

only way into the cylinder, without pulling the engine apart is the spark plug hole :shrug: sabotaged by someone? bent washer and put in engine through the spark plug hole? or else casper did it...

only way into the cylinder, without pulling the engine apart is the spark plug hole :shrug: sabotaged by someone? bent washer and put in engine through the spark plug hole? or else casper did it...
Thats originally what we thought with his motor as the service agent said straight out the engine was siezed and he must buy a new one. Mine however has been running for 6 moths plus and is stored in a locked garage.
We ran it the day before shut it down and then the next morning it jammed up.

You don't think the washer could have been bouncing around ontop of the valve intake and somehow got shaken into the sleeve. I saw the valves open quite a bit for intake and exhaust stroke.

Almost tempted to find a washer the same size and see if I can fit it through with the valve open.

Still going with the tin foil though - not taking any chances

Its clean. Only one small ding where it must have bent over the first time. You recon it could have been on top of the piston the whole time. Truely a mystery