Glass head Briggs

Very nice! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I would love to try something like that. Watching it on You Tube leads to other similar vids. Here's one in slow motion. Awhile ago there was one vid posted here of the same trick done on a two-stroke dirt bike.

[video=youtube;jdW1t8r8qYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdW1t8r8qYc[/video]

They didn't use a normal plug. Look closely, and you'll see a small wire run from the plug wire to a pin installed in the head, between the valves. They used a spark gap, rather than what we normally see as a plug. I suspect that they didn't want to compromise the structural integrity of the head with a large, tapped hole.

Roger

...They used a spark gap, rather than what we normally see as a plug. I suspect that they didn't want to compromise the structural integrity of the head with a large, tapped hole.
Roger
You have to use two wires because the plug threads don't make a connection to ground through the glass/plastic cylinder head as they do with one made of metal. The two stroke that I saw in another thread used a regular spark plug, but it looked like they ran a ground wire to the base of the plug. At the end of the vid the plug blows out of the hole.

markus

This training Tecumseh was at the Antique engine a tractor show Here in Fl a few years ago, There was nobody around when I was there though to get anymore info about it....and see if it was for sale :laugh: I wanted to know if it actually ran on its own like that or if it just went through the motions. I think there was a plug in type starter on it or something so it probably just spun around at a certain speed and you could look. through the head and the various site glass holes that were cut into the case. That porthole style head was cool, you can see the plug was threaded through the side of it. I Only saw it there the one year, I have been watching for it to pop up again out there to get better shots and see if I can make it mine :laugh: