Got a green K&S Hornet Deluxe today

Thanks Outlaw.....I could'nt figure out how to put the photo in a pm.....Andy from Louisanna said he was going to Dallas to buy one of these....I wanted to show him this one..mine just sits around ....it was one of those things that was fun to build, but has worn out it's welcome....I got hurt on it the first time I rode it (it turns very quick) and tore up a brand new set of tinny shoes, plus the home owners assn. banned me from the 4th of July parade.

Cool Hornet Ace! What kind of brakes did these use?
Thanks sir. They use a 2 1/2" band brake with solid drum on the jackshaft, the one on it seems to have plenty of life left and is working fine. I have two other hornets, the model under this and a standard Hornet but it's the disc/sprocket brake model and I am finishing it soon I hope. The Hardtail Deluxe I have uses the same 2 1/2" brake system. I have new bands and drums should I need them later on.

Cool! Thanks Ace! I'll be starting a project Log on my Hornet pretty soon and I'll post some pics. I'm sure I'll need some pointers on how that band goes together. These Hornets are cool bikes! That's cool you have a few now! :thumbsup: