Got a smoking deal (I think) on a Briggs Animal engine

Got this off craigslist for $275 - There are lots of them on ebay for about $550. Mine also has an Aussiespeed $140 intake manifold, and $110 pipe.

Guy bought it for his kid's kart and was too much for him, then sold the kart separate.

I plan to put it on a Bonanza BC1200 and let 'er rip. Was going to do a pumped clone, but this is even better I believe and get to stay American made.

Here's a link to the manifold and the Aussiespeed site: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1LDB2ZgNqHwTY03NQ&sig2=XHMRPlzcwbX0tw5GWv2NvA

nice tom.they are great engines.can't beat that price.it will outlast and smoke any clone
I have a pipe that I bought for my boy's 206 but it was for a regular animal.used it once. if your interested in it pm me

joshua. c.

you got a great deal. briggs animals rule. I hate to see good bikes cloned. that engine will make one fast and scary bike. scary fast bikes are the best ones.

Last edited:
You got a great deal on that engine. From what I can see it has a world formula pipe/muffler on it. Look at the coil and see what color it is. If it has a black coil it is the original Junior LO206 coil and will only allow the engine to rev to 4100rpms. A green coil will rev to 6100rpms and the blue coil will go to 12000rpms. I see it also has the throttle lock on it. It limits slide travel for junior racers. All of the internals are the same as a regular race animal. I am going to put an animal on one of my bikes and have some fun. I'm sure you will too. :thumbsup:

KB2ROCKET

These engines were restricted by installing a taller carb slide and a rev limiting ignition modual this engine should also have a sealed crank case using cable and a halographic crimp I am confused by the 90 deg. Manifold I believe they should be straight not bent like a world formula
You can use it like it is and it wiil run forever or you ca replace the carb slide and ignition and it will be more like an animal

Good eye Rocket. Just noticed that was a JR 206. If it still has the stock PVL coil for the JR, it is limited to 4700 or so RPM.
So I just called ARC Tech a few days ago about an argument concerning billet rods and rpm's.
Arc said "every rod is tested for 60 hours at 12,500 rpm's before it leaves the shop," and that
most clone rods will give up around 6,300 to 6,500 with predator 212 at about 6,000 rpm's
due to the larger piston. We were talking about "signs" of eventual failure. They also said that
"you'll never get one of these engines above 9,000 or 9,100 rpms" no matter what you do, alcy or whatever..
So, what is it that makes this Animal run so much faster than clones?
(I assume Animal is in a different class than "most clones")

KB2ROCKET

In the racing community if those seals are damaged or missing the engine can not be used for its intended class at that point it is either sold to people like us that dont care about rules or it is upgraded for a modified class this engine looks like it has the W/F intake so I was just trying to figure out what this engines story was by adking if the seals were still in place

rmm727

So I just called ARC Tech a few days ago about an argument concerning billet rods and rpm's.
Arc said "every rod is tested for 60 hours at 12,500 rpm's before it leaves the shop," and that
most clone rods will give up around 6,300 to 6,500 with predator 212 at about 6,000 rpm's
due to the larger piston. We were talking about "signs" of eventual failure. They also said that
"you'll never get one of these engines above 9,000 or 9,100 rpms" no matter what you do, alcy or whatever..
So, what is it that makes this Animal run so much faster than clones?
(I assume Animal is in a different class than "most clones")
Clones and Animals will turn the same rpm give similar specs. Animals have a pretty decent rod in them from the factory. Also a better head. World formula is even better. I believe there were a few on Bob's 4cycle that have turned 10k rpm but I doubt for very long. When you build an Open class engine, by the time you get it running right, you start building another one cause it ain't gonna last long.

Last edited: