Gout

Went to the Clinic last night after work.

My big toe was swolen and red, painful to the touch!

Doc says its gout!!!!

Dam!
I thought that was just an old peoples desease lol.
So he says I need to avoid eating things that make it happen.

Theory is its curred meats.
Got into a platter of treats at work ( celebrating the birth of my chums son so the boss snuck before lunch and brought back some things we all chipped in for. )

So I got these pills that seem to have made it settle down.
Anyone else ever heard geting gout from meat?

Mac

My younger brother(58) has Gout, it travels from one place to another,
never know where it's going to be the next time.
He can't eat much in the way of red meats.

125ccCrazy

gout has a higher genetic factor than diet so most likely you already have gout and what you ate just inflammed it.... alcohol, frutose, seafood can all cause it to inflame.... it can also be caused from an injury but gentetics has a higher percentage as the root cause...

Some diet and lifestyle changes may help prevent gouty attacks:

Avoid alcohol

Reduce how many purine-rich foods you eat, especially anchovies, sardines, oils, herring, organ meat (liver, kidney, and sweetbreads), legumes (dried beans and peas), gravies, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, consommé, and baking or brewer's yeast.

Limit how much meat you eat at each meal.

Avoid fatty foods such as salad dressings, ice cream, and fried foods.

Eat enough carbohydrates.

If you are losing weight, lose it slowly. Quick weight loss may cause uric acid kidney stones to form.

See also: Kidney stones

buckeye

You're screwed NOS. Avoid alcohol.:laugh:

All previous responses,especially 125, are good answers.
It is a increase in Uric Acid. Should have had some blood work done to verify increase in uric acid.
Indomethicin is treatment.
You have mentioned you already take nsaids. Be careful taking indomethicin and nsaids at the same time. You cough to hard you may shart your drawers.
Should go away in 4-5 days if you are taking appropriate medication.

You're screwed NOS. Avoid alcohol.:laugh:

All previous responses,especially 125, are good answers.
It is a increase in Uric Acid. Should have had some blood work done to verify increase in uric acid.
Indomethicin is treatment.
You have mentioned you already take nsaids. Be careful taking indomethicin and nsaids at the same time. You cough to hard you may shart your drawers.
Should go away in 4-5 days if you are taking appropriate medication.
Ha ha.
Thats funny because I have a previous history of shitting myself too lol.
Maybe its just me but I find Naproxene so unsettles my plumbing that when I do have to go.
ITS RIGHT NOW lol.
SO right or wrong I avoid taking it .

In all seriousness.
I am going to see my doctor for my yearly tune up and inspection.
I have already taken steps on the smoking front.
And I decided to change my lifestyle anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT6ArJJNqPE

Last edited:

trailramdan

ive had gout a few times its VERY painful, it runs in my family. I really watch my diet now and havent gotten it for quite some time. hope it gets better for ya! its noooooo fun :no:

NOS, my pa got gout 5-7 years ago. What I (think I) know is that it can attack any joint you've injured so toes ankles and knees are often affected. Dad is most affected by shellfish, and broths/gravys. He didn't like the 5 pages of side affects for the meds he was given so he reseached other remedys. what he found is cherries work as good or better than prescriptions and have no unexpected side affects(everyone knows what eating too many does). when out of season he eats dried cherries and uses concentrated cherry juice(he mixes a tablespoon or so with a can of sprite,7up whatever). hope this helps you.

NOS, my pa got gout 5-7 years ago. What I (think I) know is that it can attack any joint you've injured so toes ankles and knees are often affected. Dad is most affected by shellfish, and broths/gravys. He didn't like the 5 pages of side affects for the meds he was given so he reseached other remedys. what he found is cherries work as good or better than prescriptions and have no unexpected side affects(everyone knows what eating too many does). when out of season he eats dried cherries and uses concentrated cherry juice(he mixes a tablespoon or so with a can of sprite,7up whatever). hope this helps you.
Feeling MUCH better today.
Infact its almost normal.

Still swollen and hurts if you poke it.
But don't most swollen things hurt when you poke them ? ( somone considering to quote an exception not apropriate to a family webpage so stop now lol)

Feeling MUCH better today.
Infact its almost normal.

Still swollen and hurts if you poke it.
But don't most swollen things hurt when you poke them ? ( somone considering to quote an exception not apropriate to a family webpage so stop now lol)
NOS if I told my mom it hurts when I touch it she say
Then don't bloody touch it:laugh:

Get better OLD man:thumbsup: