GTO project got my self in deep this time

Got the frame done last night set the motor and tyranny in i die-sided to use a turbo 400 tyranny.8.5 10 bolt posi with 4:10 gears all most getting ready to start her up.the motor is a Bored & Stroked 400 to 461 has Wiseco pistons, Scat connecting rods, ARP bolts and studs,stock exhaust and manifolds.The body is now in full primer and getting ready to be painted Autumn Gold ill take some pic of the body and frame later

why did you put stock exhaust back on it? there flowmasters or somthing tho right? wont ou be holding the motor back with stock exhaust??? anyways that things looks really good..... you got it done really quick!! its taken me longer to restore a mini bike and your dont with a car!! lol:thumbsup:

I own my own restoration shop i do it for a living day after day after day
I what the car to be stock as possible a show only car! I have a 72 camaro that is everything but stock my drag car ill post more pic tomarw

mmmmmm..... bored and stroked 400.....

i like it alot man, looks amazing, anyways, i agree with the exhaust comment, i understand you want it as stock as possible, but that motor is going to get choked with the exhaust,

i dunno, as a power junkie, it kinda bothers me :rolleyes:

but as a show car, A+ job man,

1) Pontiac had no "small blocks" or "big blocks" - they were all the same size from the 326 to the 455. The small block and big block terms were for Chevy, FOrd, Chrysler, etc that had more than one engine design.

2) The 400 came out in '67, so the '66 would have to have had a 389

3) No 400 ever came with Tri-Power since '66 was the last year for it. The Corvette was the only GM car with multiple carbs after '66

4) Which heads?

This has a 350, flat tops, GTO heads, 4 barrel, headers, big cam, mallory ignition. Too bad the rear end has 2:73s, but it screams on the top end. All it needs is an interior and paint, plus some other minor stuff.

Got the frame done last night set the motor and tyranny in i die-sided to use a turbo 400 tyranny.8.5 10 bolt posi with 4:10 gears all most getting ready to start her up.the motor is a Bored & Stroked 400 to 461 has Wiseco pistons, Scat connecting rods, ARP bolts and studs,stock exhaust and manifolds.The body is now in full primer and getting ready to be painted Autumn Gold ill take some pic of the body and frame later
I thought you were kidding when i saw this pic. Wow, that's fast work man.

So you got the motor, trans, rear, all new lines, exhaust and so on rebuilt in this short of time while running a restoration shop? I call BS. I was an automotive painter for years in a high end shop. The last thing I had time to do was work on my own stuff. Not saying it can't be done, just that it looks like a generic internet picture.:anon.sml:

I work on my stuff for most of the day while my employees mess with the other cars. Some time i pay them to work on my my own projects you are all welcome to come look at my cars jest shoot me a pm

I work on my stuff for most of the day while my employees mess with the other cars. Some time i pay them to work on my my own projects you are all welcome to come look at my cars jest shoot me a pm
I envy you. I have zero time during the day to anything, and work 10 to 12 hours. Not too motivated at the end of the day. It is nice to have my guys work on my stuff when I have nothing for them to do. I have a ton of car projects, and chose my main ones to be my projects, and the rest are filler jobs for my guys. Hope to get my '67 Tempest Conv down here soon, but it looks to stay busy for several months. I can only hope that there is no time for my stuff..

robby, that car is looking awesome. Dang, You definitely do Great Work! I'll give ya a rating of 10. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Thanks ezdoesit you live in Michigan right i go to Detroit every year for a car cruse i get a hotel and stay for a week maby ill see you some time
And hay INJUNTOM you can drop some of your projects at my place and you can pay us to build your cars lol

I have plenty of room i have a 10 bay shop and theirs only 4 cars in now i have a big lean-to but its full of my projects work is slow for now that's why my gto is in
A set of 093 heads are on the motor now The casting dates are F156 and F166. That would be June 15'th and 16'th of 1966.
i have sent in for the PHS docs but haven't herd back yet

Props to you and your crew for getting that far so quickly then. Hope to see some more progress.

I have plenty of room i have a 10 bay shop and theirs only 4 cars in now i have a big lean-to but its full of my projects work is slow for now that's why my gto is in
A set of 093 heads are on the motor now The casting dates are F156 and F166. That would be June 15'th and 16'th of 1966.
i have sent in for the PHS docs but haven't herd back yet
Wow, that's a really late set of 389 heads. Was the build date on the car that late as well?