Guy selling some rare minibikes in Florida on eBay. Some getting real pricey!

I don't see anyone complaining about this guy's pricing on his minibikes so why did I get blasted? Seems like when I went looking for my Taco that everyone, and I mean everyone, told me it would be hard or next to impossible to find and expensive. Well I found it rather quickly which made a few people mad as they had looked for years for the one of four bikes I turned up and I bought this one I'm selling. Oh yes it was expensive especially compared to Joe's, the owner of Steens, who last year was asking $5000 for a bike similar to mine that was a mismash of parts. No one complained about his price. Come on you guys, don't you want to spread the love of complaining about this Florida guy? I feel discriminated against.

Last edited:

Robertt8883

The Bikes from Florida are all complete and original bikes.Mike your bike is all in pieces unpainted and is a Basketcase and not finished .Thats Why

I don't see anyone complaining about this guy's pricing on his minibikes so why did I get blasted? Seems like when I went looking for my Taco that everyone, and I mean everyone, told me it would be hard or next to impossible to find and expensive. Well I found it rather quickly which made a few people mad as they had looked for years for the one of four bikes I turned up and I bought this one I'm selling. Oh yes it was expensive especially compared to Joe's, the owner of Steens, who last year was asking $5000 for a bike similar to mine that was a mismash of parts. No one complained about his price. Come on you guys, don't you want to spread the love of complaining about this Florida guy? I feel discriminated against.
I am sorry, You are taking this a bit too personally. I started this thread and have only recently started restoring a Bonanza for a pit bike. I am not a collector nor familiar with these so-called "rare" mini bikes or the going prices for these gems.

I came across this collection being sold and thought I would make you guys aware. I did not see them being discussed here and yes in my mind they were getting pricey ........ A general statement. I think any non-collector, regular guy, looking at a $7500 bid on mini bike would say the same. As Robert mentioned it was being discussed elsewhere on OldMiniBikes but I had not noticed.

Rather than venting here, you should have revisited the actual post you "speak of" and responded directly to those who were involved. You could have included the link to these mini bikes and gone on with your statement. Instead you make a blanket statement towards all of OldMiniBikes members here when many people looking at this post have no idea what you are speaking of..

Last edited:
Instead you make a blanket statement towards all of OldMiniBikes members here when many people looking at this post have no idea what you are speaking of..
"Everyone" consisted of about four or five guys who weren't buying into the parts pile, rare bike, over priced hype. Seriously, I wish those high end fellas would go hang out somewhere else.

Have you checked your link above? That is a Greeves 250 MX. That's worth 1000 Taco and Rupp mini bikes. It is beyond cool. I remember these bikes as a kid, although I never rode one. One of my holy grail machines right there.

s-l1600.jpg

Midyrman

A frigg'n Mounds Bar is $1.69 at 711 and $1.89 at the local hardware store on the impulse-buy rack nearby the check out. Use to share a 6 pack of these same bars with my Dad for the grand sum of a quarter..... Less than a nickel a bar. That was way back when theses bikes were being sold for a few hundred bucks brand new. Today, to pay ten times (or more) that for the same but now nice vintage bike should seem like a bargain next time you can't resist the urge of a Mounds Bar.

capguncowboy

Maggie forgot to mention that this seller didn't list his price. It's an auction. People will stop bidding when they hit their limit.

That aside, I'm sure people are bothered by the prices. As a general rule, I don't spend that much on bikes, but if I had one to sell and someone was willing to pay that much for it, I would make the deal. I think most of us would.

I didn't see any in pieces nor did the guy come on here and break the posting rules in the classifieds, might be why but I cannot say for sure. Maybe Ebay is the place to sell yours, the rules there are not as stringent nor is everyone on there a minibike enthusiast who balks at such high prices.

pomfish

"Everyone" consisted of about four or five guys who weren't buying into the parts pile, rare bike, over priced hype. Seriously, I wish those high end fellas would go hang out somewhere else.

Have you checked your link above? That is a Greeves 250 MX. That's worth 1000 Taco and Rupp mini bikes. It is beyond cool. I remember these bikes as a kid, although I never rode one. One of my holy grail machines right there.

View attachment 81275
Sooo,
If this bike sells for $6000, you are going to sell me some Rupp's or Taco's at $6 each, Right????
Or at least show me where I can buy them for $6.
LOL
It's all good.
Later
Keith

Street Smart

Maggie forgot to mention that this seller didn't list his price. It's an auction. People will stop bidding when they hit their limit.

That aside, I'm sure people are bothered by the prices. As a general rule, I don't spend that much on bikes, but if I had one to sell and someone was willing to pay that much for it, I would make the deal. I think most of us would.
100%

That bonanza looked untouched with a motor that looked like it was never fired much less broke in. You say you came across these bikes and had no idea about history or value. Yet the only ones you have are of great value and the rare of all rare. Forget the prices there going for. people pay what they feel their worth. I want there history!
Where does one just come across these perfect untouched bikes? Who would let these sell for a price that would allow an average collector/restorer would able to buy them all up. The person that originally had them had the best of the best. So he had to know there was great value there. And why would he sell?

Now if you would have said I bought from a guy who was a serious collector and I myself paid crazy prices to get them all that would make sense.

However, I love the stories behind every bike and every score. And since you are now on here mentioning them. Would you, could you, please tell the story behind them. Example where you picked them all up. What type of guy let them all go at buyable prices. What made you purchase all not knowing what their true values where or could come to on ebay.

I'm sure we would all love to hear what the deal is behind these Bikes? I mean their was not one bad one in the bunch!

Everyone on here likes a good story. And seeing how these were not your original bikes. There is a story to be told. I would love to hear how one scores all these bikes
Stories, stories...... Please, Please!

The guy who is selling all of these bikes had a Hodaka powered bonanza MX in his youth they started his collecting as he got older. At some point he started his own business and was able to collect a lot of rare bikes. He also had the money to buy the best of the best. I think he is ready to move on and started selling his collection. That sums up the story behind the bikes. A lot where bought from collectors or Ebay.