GX160 piston, rings and other parts

Li'l Popeye

Hello,
As I'm new to rebuilding these engines, I have some questions and at the moment I'm rebuilding the first of my GX160 engines I need some parts, but am confused as to what parts to order.
All GX160's I have are UT1 or K1. 3 are of type QMDS and 1 is QX4. All serial numbers starting with GC02-... I was told that if the serial number started with GCBPT-... it is a UT2 engine.
The problems I run into:
If parts are related to UT2 or T2, does the T2 mean the same as UT2? Same goes for UT1 en T1? Or is T2 another type of engine as the UT2?
Will a pistonpin for UT2 fit in a UT1 piston, dimensionwise? I have read the UT2 pistonpin weight is a bit less, compared to the UT1 pistonpin. If the diameter and length are the same it should fit, in my opinion. Less weight might be desirable.
The first engine I took apart has a flat top piston in it. With a marking on it which says: ZH8. Piston dimensions are within specs and needs no replacement. Piston rings do need to be replaced. Piston rings are 1.5mm thick. As far as my knowledge goes; UT2 pistonheight above the pin is lower as the UT1 piston and the UT2 has thinner rings. So I can not use UT2 rings and need UT1 rings. But every set I see for sale have different part numbers.
13010-ZH8-941 (Teikoku), 13010-ZH8-942 (Nippon), are partnumbers of rings I need?
Or will these fit, too?: 13011-ZF1-023 or 13011-ZF1-023, 13011-ZL0-003, 13011-Z4M

I'm planning to replace the thicker head gasket with a thin metal one of a UT2 engine, this will give me a higher CR. As the piston at tdc is flat with deck, this should be possible, right?

Thanks for any help.

Li'l Popeye

Today I received piston rings, which should be genuine Honda gx160 ut1, but as they are 1 mm thin, they won't fit as mine are 1,5mm thick. And I don't have an ut2 engine for sure.
Also piston pins came in. Ut2 and ut1. Dimension wise they are the same, but the ut1 is slightly heavier.
I also ordered oversized rings: 13011-zh8-941: they match the piston perfect.

Are there 2 types of pistons used in ut1 gx160 engines?

Li'l Popeye

Today I received piston rings, which should be genuine Honda gx160 ut1, but as they are 1 mm thin, they won't fit as mine are 1,5mm thick. And I don't have an ut2 engine for sure.
Also piston pins came in. Ut2 and ut1. Dimension wise they are the same, but the ut1 is slightly heavier.
I also ordered oversized rings: 13011-zh8-941: they match the piston perfect.

Are there 2 types of pistons used in ut1 gx160 engines?
Thanks for any input, I've figured things out myself.

Amazing sir you are a true craftsman and an amazing Gearhead! :scooter:
I've followed your builds. Here and U-tube amazing wow! :cool:
I'm of no help Sir yet i am truly honored to be able to soak up the wisdom you share here with all of us.
This site never ceases to amaze me with the knowledge that is here and given so freely to any and all that come searching...
Mark
Thank you Sir for sharing,
Mark

Li'l Popeye

Amazing sir you are a true craftsman and an amazing Gearhead! :scooter:
I've followed your builds. Here and U-tube amazing wow! :cool:
I'm of no help Sir yet i am truly honored to be able to soak up the wisdom you share here with all of us.
This site never ceases to amaze me with the knowledge that is here and given so freely to any and all that come searching...
Mark
Thank you Sir for sharing,
Mark
Thank you,
I'm a bit quiet right now here and youtube, because I'm recovering from inguinal hernia surgery. Riding a minibike without suspension is not on my to-do-list right now.