GY6 150 NCY Valve Springs

Puttin' an A11 cam in my GY6. Do I actually need the NCY springs? I've never used them. Is there actually a difference from the stock springs other then the coating?

Depends on the target RPM. The stiffer springs are really to help against valve float at higher RPMs. You don't plan on running it balls to the wall then you don't have to have them.

I have an A12 sitting on my self with the valve springs when I rebuild my son's buggy. Of course we run it wide open most of the time.

I never let off the throttle. It has two modes: idle and running the SH*T out of it. It just doesn't have the power (yet) to run at half throttle. Plus, the slide is warn to hell and it never gets the right mixture at mid throttle. I plan to run it at whatever the cam wants. The stock cam seems to hit around 7500rpm and trail off at 8300rpm. I run at 7500rpm now so I should drill the weights a bit, but I want to wait for the cam. I pretty much want more power in that range and a little extra at engagement wouldn't hurt.

The thing is, I saw a video where a guy ran stock springs with an A12 and somehow broke the exhaust springs. I thought it might be a lift constraint and being that the A11 is a very high lift cam...well...ya know.