h40 tecumseh

i picked up an old amf husky snowblower today powered by a h40 tecumseh. figured this would be a good donor for one of my project bikes. im trying to figure out how to decode it.. as im a little dyslexic and cant figure out how model# is h40-55116f and serial # 6234 14234? i also found it strange that it had a primer on the carb but cant figure out how it functioned

Attachments

markus

Not sure what you want to decipher from it, the year is a 1966 if thats what your looking for, the H40 was 4hp 2.5" bore. that "primer" style was basically like sticking you hand over the carb inlet to create a vacuum and pull fuel up into the intake, would hold it in and pull the recoil a few times and fuel would be forced into the intake Not something you would want on anything other than a snowblower since you cant use an aircleaner, so just unscrew it and install an air cleaner assy to it, It still has a choke.

joshua. c.

I got ahold of one of these nockoffs recently (it was on an engine I bought) maybe the carb I have it was just a cheeper version but I'm not impressed with the quality. personally I'd rebuild the original, its not all that hard to do.

DaddyJohn

I got ahold of one of these nockoffs recently (it was on an engine I bought) maybe the carb I have it was just a cheeper version but I'm not impressed with the quality. personally I'd rebuild the original, its not all that hard to do.
Make sure to that the bowl vent is drilled out to 1/16" and the primer inlet (if any) is blocked off. This could affect performance quite a bit.

If you're using a snow blower Tec engine for your mini, its original carb (if it's and adjustable one, otherwise you'de ditch it) would for sure need these things done to retain it for mini bike use.