H60 crank question?

copyman

Had another crank question. Thanks for all the replies about the HS50 with 1" crank. I also bought an H60 that has 1" dia PTO shaft. Can I simply swap it out with a 3/4" H50 crank? The H50 crank is from a 1972 engine & the H60 is 1977 engine according to serial #.
Thanks again for all the help!

markus

yes, if they are both Bushing type sidecover the only thing you need to do is use the correct rod for the H50 as it has a shorter stroke......so your 6hp will be downgraded to a an H50.

copyman

yes, if they are both Bushing type sidecover the only thing you need to do is use the correct rod for the H50 as it has a shorter stroke......so your 6hp will be downgraded to a an H50.
Thanks markus,

When you say bushing side cover do you mean if it doesn't use a bearing? The H50 crank I have came from engine with a bearing so assuming that can't be used?

How can I tell if a crank came from a bushing type engine if I look to buy on ebay?

Did any H60 come with a 3/4" PTO?

Thanks again

markus

correct, no bearing. technically no bushing there unless its been reamed and one installed/repaired, but its common to call them bushing sidecovers. If you have the bearing sidecover still you can swap that with the crank. bearing specific crankshafts have a step for the bearing and spacer that brings it just over 1". so it wont go into a Bushing sidecover. The bushing crankshafts are straight 1" to the timing gear, Yes the H60 was available in 3/4" PTO.

copyman

correct, no bearing. technically no bushing there unless its been reamed and one installed/repaired, but its common to call them bushing sidecovers. If you have the bearing sidecover still you can swap that with the crank. bearing specific crankshafts have a step for the bearing and spacer that brings it just over 1". so it wont go into a Bushing sidecover. The bushing crankshafts are straight 1" to the timing gear, Yes the H60 was available in 3/4" PTO.
Thanks markus for taking the time to answer all the questions in detail. Appreciate the help!