Half speed clutch options?

My Manco yard kart roller needs propulsion. Yeah, Harbor Freight is 3 miles away, but I have a Honda G150 from a snowblower. 18mm chain driven cam is the lone output, but at least it turns the "right" way.
The original drive pulley has a 2" long shank that's just over an inch. I can turn it to take a 1" clutch/torque converter, or use a sheet of shim to use a 3/4.
Max Torque has some 800 RPM springs, so 1600 at the crank. Seems the simplest solution?
I'd prefer to use a 30 series, as there would be about a 250lb difference between lightest rider and, umm, me.
Would a 30 work using a single spring? Maybe two of the softest ones, that have been stretched a tad(metric)?

A stock TAV2 engages at 2200rpm and can be turned down to 1400rpm with black springs. I don't think it would be too harsh to use one spring but I've never tried it myself.

I am running one black spring and one,,,? hell I can't remember the color. One set seemed to engage at too high an RPM, other set took off at idle. One of each seems about right. Not sure how long they will last, but I do have another set!

I am running one black spring and one,,,? hell I can't remember the color. One set seemed to engage at too high an RPM, other set took off at idle. One of each seems about right. Not sure how long they will last, but I do have another set!
It's perfectly fine to mix different springs. You should have no problems with weights wearing.