Harness connectors

That figures! I just bought 14awg wire for my harness. I just figured heavy was a safe bet. I should have asked here what gauge to get. Will it hurt if I use it anyway?
Answer to your question is "no, it won't hurt." Downside is that14 AWG wont fit in the connector crimp pockets unless you trim the strands. Bad practice from a wiring geek (me) perspective. It's also heavy and large, and harder to incorporate into a sano harness. You can certainly use it.

14 gauge wire is only 1/16" if you can crimp them tight enough, you might not have to remove any strands.

The black widow terminals look fine for 1/16" wire though.

Answer to your question is "no, it won't hurt." Downside is that14 AWG wont fit in the connector crimp pockets unless you trim the strands. Bad practice from a wiring geek (me) perspective. It's also heavy and large, and harder to incorporate into a sano harness. You can certainly use it.
14 gauge wire is only 1/16" if you can crimp them tight enough, you might not have to remove any strands.

The black widow terminals look fine for 1/16" wire though.
I just went ahead and ordered some 18awg wires. A guy can’t have enough wire variety. I wanted to buy a ratcheting crimper anyway. It will look nice hanging with the 3 regular crimpers I already have. Ha

Only 3 crimpers? Lol :D
I finally put up some peg board a few years back. Before that, whenever I needed a tool- that I knew I had, chances are that I couldn’t find it. So I’d buy another one. Hence, 3 crimpers, 6 tape measures and a million torx bits, etc. By the way, the big box peg board they sell today is crap compared the stuff they sold in the seventies. It’s like layers of paper glued together with holes punched in it.

I74

For DC harness wiring ect.,, I exclusively pretty much use a variety of ''high strand count'' - oxygen free copper - ''silicone'' insulted stuff,, that's used ''a lot'' for quality R/C applications,, plus gold plated connectors.

Have been buying quality silicone insulated wiring off of places like Amazon lately,, that come in 6 multi colored ''4 meter'' rolls,, for around 15 bucks.

Pic is of the last 18g stuff I got.

It's made in chiner,, but is quality German spec.

I
100_6953.JPG

I was giggling at only 3 crimpers... i may or may not have one or two... that's all I'm gonna say bout that! :D

Searching for tools is extremely frustrating! Share a shop w/a guy. Used his tools @ 1st... Best thing i ever did was bring my own. Now i don't search, other than trying 2 'member what drawer i put it in! :cool:

Amazing the difference when you make your living with your tools how ya keep track of'm...

For DC harness wiring ect.,, I exclusively pretty much use a variety of ''high strand count'' - oxygen free copper - ''silicone'' insulted stuff,, that's used ''a lot'' for quality R/C applications,, plus gold plated connectors.

Have been buying quality silicone insulated wiring off of places like Amazon lately,, that come in 6 multi colored ''4 meter'' rolls,, for around 15 bucks.

I
View attachment 287213
Had no clue that shtuff even existed. I can understand the use of/for it.
Always used automotive wire or scrap THHN that i had laying around

I
View attachment 287213
That looks like the same box my wire came in, except your brand is different. The brand I purchased is Fermerry. Mine came in six colors, stranded tin coated copper with silicone insulation. I don’t know about the oxygen free part.

I74

That looks like the same box my wire came in, except your brand is different. The brand I purchased is Fermerry. Mine came in six colors, stranded tin coated copper with silicone insulation. I don’t know about the oxygen free part.
Yea,, if it came from chiner,, there's a good possibility . :D