Hauler 416 Resurrection, NOT Restoration

So I took the leap and purchased a stripped, basketcase Heald Hauler 416. I'd wanted one since I was a kid visiting Carl Heald Inc. in the 80's. My dad was the VP of Engineering at Heald in the late 70's to early 80's when they got bought out. He left Heald before they closed, but not before leaving me with lots of great memories. He and Ron Kimball (of Power Tec) had breakfast/coffee most mornings until Ron's passing. Before he joined Carl Heald, he worked at Heathkit for 10+ years, so we also grew up with a handfull of Heathkit Boonie Bikes and Hilltopper's! (Also probably the only house on the block with a home computer and a TV with a remote control in the 70's!)

We always had the Heald 3 wheeler haulers, trykes, and at least one of the highseat three wheelers. Never had a Super Bronc, though... I'm pretty sure my parents still use their Heald Roto-tiller every year in their garden. Dad uses his hauler every summer around their property to this day.

Anyway, I always wanted a four-wheeled hauler and should have bought one while Ron was still in business. It would have been great to get parts for my Hauler from Ron. Of course, I'd really like a 4x4 Kimball J98, but this Hauler will have to curb my appetite for now.

I'm just planning on a resurection for now, as I want to use it on my property. If it's too shiney, I might be tempted not to use it!

20210515_204727.jpg
20210515_204734.jpg