Have a couple bikes & wheels to identify.

I picked these up today from someone i was buying a motor off of. for $100 he threw in these two bikes plus an extra 3hp briggs & a baja motor(lol). Im not real excited about the chopper looking frame because it has a bunch of welds & bends but i coulnt turn down the deal because got plenty of good stuff for $100. The first bike also included a pair of plastic suspension.
I am wondering if the second frame is a taco, orr? I know the forks arent taco. Anyways help me id these bikes & any other parts you see, like the wheels.
First bike is in this post, taco looking bike will come after. IMG_20170512_131410937.jpg output.jpg op5.jpg ooo.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Im quite happy especially with the rupp. Trying to get front wheel off the cat now. Axle is stuck to inner bearings. Wont budge & i dont want to pound it too hard n bend the forks.

capguncowboy

68 Rupp C250 or C500 (solid engine plate, internal shocks front and rear, no jackshaft).

The Cat is a 400 series. The front wheel on that Cat is correct. the back wheel is an Azusa Tristar.

I probably wouldn't attempt to build either bike back to original. It would cost a fortune in parts, far exceeding the value of either bike when finished.

68 Rupp C250 or C500 (solid engine plate, internal shocks front and rear, no jackshaft).

The Cat is a 400 series. The front wheel on that Cat is correct. the back wheel is an Azusa Tristar.

I probably wouldn't attempt to build either bike back to original. It would cost a fortune in parts, far exceeding the value of either bike when finished.
Thanks! Thats interesting, it does have some kind of shaft so wondering if someone did that or if its something other than a jackshaft? It looks like it came that way. on the shaft is a gear & a belt wheel (not sure what thats called.)

Jack shaft looks original to me at least the mounts look original. Probably used a torque converter on the engine side.

Looks like a nice roller to start with ! But like capgun said it would take a few $$$$ to get it back to it's original state.

Last edited:
Jack shaft looks original to me at least the mounts look original. Probably used a torque converter on the engine side.
Looks like a nice roller to start with ! But like capgun said it would take a few $$$$ to get it back to it's original state.
Awesome, thank you! I decided Im not going to restore. Ill clean up the parts, paint an original color, ect. Just get it looking nice. Its missing a peg but still has the mount bracket, so i think ill find a peg & the covers for them. Do you know if rupp foot pegs are all the same dimensions?

Not for sure on all Rupps ...I'm sure some are different from year to year and frame size. But what I see on that bike looks like a tube type foot peg, It shouldn't be real hard to fab one up. Might check at the OldMiniBikes warehouse and Ebay....Good Luck on your build !

capguncowboy

The bike is definitely a 68 model. In 1968, the only two bikes that had those style forks with a suspended frame were the c350 and c500. Neither bike had a jackshaft. My guess is someone added it

Last edited:
The bike is definitely a 68 model. In 1968, the only two bikes that had those style forks with a suspended frame were the c350 and c500. Neither bike had a jackshaft. My guess is someone added it
the welds look so clean i would be surprised if someone added it. Did either of the models you mention have mounting holes for a gas tank (in front of the seat)? You could be right, i just find it hard to believe that the tabs, (that the shaft mounts through) were added. Ive seen the same tabs on other model rupps that have a jackshaft.. 2017-05-12-20-24-08-538.jpg ruppshaft.jpg

Last edited:

capguncowboy

the welds look so clean i would be surprised if someone added it. Did either of the models you mention have mounting holes for a gas tank (in front of the seat)? You could be right, i just find it hard to believe that the tabs, (that the shaft mounts through) were added. Ive seen the same tabs on other model rupps that have a jackshaft.. View attachment 96846 View attachment 96847
The tabs were there on all 68 and 69 swingarm models. The actual jackshaft is what I'm referring to a d yes, all of those models had remote gas tanks as well. I don't have access to my pc right now but if toy search for rupp c350, you'll see that model

Last edited: