Have you ever used a step key ?

KB2ROCKET

One very important part of my project has a 1 3/8 shaft normally a shaft of this size would use a 1/4 keyway but mine has a 3/16 and the sprocket that goes on this shaft uses a 1/4 " key. step key to the rescue. I am glad these exist otherwise I would have to make one somehow

KB2ROCKET

What is D&D ?
Well for the price I get a 1 foot long stick probably a lifetime supply for me seeing as how I never needed one in the last 56 years

Well KB2ROCKET the Reply to what was D&D well it was Called D&D for Durham & Daniels a shop owned by the two of us were in the Navy as Boiler men. and became Brother in laws. I bought out a working Mini Bike store lock stock and step keys.
WE were an dealer for Indian , Rupp , Powell , Steen's and Tri- Sport . We sold Comet cycle trailers and sold a few Taco's .
We were at the Cross roads of mini cycle's and the older rope pull mini bikes. We sold play karts and a few racing karts built by others. all this was in the early 1970's in Long Beach, California as far as I know I am the only member of OldMiniBikes that ever had a store.

KB2ROCKET

I was raised in santa Clara from 61 - 74 I was very much into karts and mini's but wasn't allowed to have one until I was about 15 if your store was near me back then I would be there every day drooling with no money in my pocket :laugh:

Yes in those days a lot of kids got to look into the Sears and Montgomery Wards Catalogs and just dream about having one. So many of OldMiniBikes members fit into that category even me included. Got my first running mini bike when I was 21 years old.

KB2ROCKET

I ordered the wrong size AAAUGH!
Here is the size I really need but I can't find it anywhere so I ordered a 5/16 x 1/4 key and I will have to file away the extra material

Last edited: