Heald VT1 or VTCL1.... VTCL-ONE get it VTCLONE

Heald VT1 I picked up at Windber from [MENTION=18319]chatten63[/MENTION]
I just wanted an old school frame big enough for me. Getting the Hemi I built swapped over from my Wards with torque converter. I eliminated the jackshaft brake because I like brakes on the wheel. I went with a 6” band brake which worked well on a SuperBronc so I figured it will work on this with a little dabbing... Quick and dirty as always with all new parts and topped off with quick and dirty paint jobs..I like them to look ok but so your not afraid to ride it or let someone borrow it. They are made to be ridden. I also added 3/16” plate the size of the motor mount plate to keep the vibration down. I went with knobbies because I like them.I am not sure if I want the brake lever on the right or left.Right feels better but left doesn’t interfere with the throttle.Thoughts?I am debating on the gold tank. The seat from [MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION] Karen is perfect as always.
Getting there. Need to mount the fenders too. Not sure if I need to notch the other side if the rear fender yet for the chain on the new side.

Last edited:
All I can say is good thing I made the wood base out of 3/4 plywood the way that seat sits back.:laugh: Why do you have the tank jacked up.:shrug: I thought it looked better sitting flat. The bike does look great.:thumbsup:

All I can say is good thing I made the wood base out of 3/4 plywood the way that seat sits back.:laugh: Why do you have the tank jacked up.:shrug: I thought it looked better sitting flat. The bike does look great.:thumbsup:
The tank was just sitting on the frame before. The brackets line up with the frame as well as the nipple so I had to raise it so I could run the fuel line. I havent tried a Heald tank and I dont think it would fit but I like the way it looks for now. The seat was moved back because the tank sits where the handlebars dont hit it. Only 2-3 inches. I just used a flat bar to relocate the seat and didnt mess up the frame or holes in the seat. If I could find a tank that is a better fit I will try it. But I have been looking at different tanks and havent found anything I like better. [MENTION=18319]chatten63[/MENTION] do the Aux tanks fit the VT1?

I took it for a quick spin and it is one of the most comfortable minis I have ridden. The long wheel base and low profile are great. I will get pics of it with something for comparison.

Last edited:
I build riders not show bikes. That way when it gets scratched I dont panic... I like to get them in and out and on to the next project. Right now my trike is on the bench awaiting a big block.