Heathkit Boonie Bike Large Transmission Spring

I restored a Heathkit Boonie Bike (1969) to original condition and had a colleague of mine, who owns a spring company, make the large spring for the 2 speed transmission. Is anybody interested in purchasing the large spring?

The large spring for the 2 speed transmission are now available and ready to be ordered/shipped. The cost is $16.00 per spring plus shipping and handling. 'Paypal' information will be made available for ordering shortly. Due to the nature of how the spring is utilized, the spring is not under warranty and cannot be returned if broken. Proper usage when engaging the spring is to 'Stop, Shift, Go, Stop' when changing between 'Hi & Low' gears.
After performing the Form, Fit and Function tests, the spring worked very well on my Boonie. I did have to add a small spray of lubricant (WD40) to the spring and housing due to the fact that when the spring was engaged in Low it made a minor noise upon compression.
If you know of any Boonie Bike owners looking for the large and small springs for the transmission, please let me know. If there is interest on this site, I will share the spring company and distributor contact info.

Last edited:
Please send your orders to Phil Pertner phil@espas-inc.com or Dennis Capa at hdroadking8@yahoo.com (I will pass the info to Phil). What Phil needs is your email address, shipping address and how many springs you want. He will then send you an invoice thru Paypay verifying the order with final cost which includes S & H. Once payment is received he will send you the springs.

The large transmission spring for the Heathkit Boonie Bike have been made, are being sold and working on numerous Boonies. If you have an original Heathkit Boonie Bike with the 2 speed transmission, the large and small springs are available. Please let me know if you're interested and I will share the contact info.