Heathkit Hilltopper Parts

capguncowboy

I need some parts for my Hilltopper

Grips and throttle
Clutch guard bracket
Chain guard for other side of bike
Foot peg and hinge (for right side if it matters)
Taillight lens (same as used on 1970-up Rupp)
Wiring Harness, or at least a diagram to rebuild the one I have
TAV Belt
Lock down knob for the handlebar (I have one, but the other is missing)

I think that's most everything. I'll amend the list if i can think of anything else.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Bump

I've located the grips, and taillight lens. I still need the rest. I don't think it'll be too difficult to figure out most of it, but that knob for the handlebar would be hard to replicate. Anyone?

capguncowboy

Bump - What belt works on these bikes?

I ordered a pair of knobs from McMaster Carr. They're not exactly right, but with some modifying, they'll work.

I got my tav belt from belt palace , comet 200394A for cat99 ,with this belt my engine sits almost all the way back in the motor mount slots

capguncowboy

I got my tav belt from belt palace , comet 200394A for cat99 ,with this belt my engine sits almost all the way back in the motor mount slots
Thanks, I ordered my belt from MFG Supply yesterday. I now have the cover, grips/throttle, belt, and knobs.

I'm still not sure how thise cover was mounted. I see the holes for the brackets, but don't know what the brackets looked like. A picture and some measurements so I could make my own would work.

The only thing I still need is the small chain guard for the pull-start side of the bike. I think I could make one if I had measurements and a good picture

Oh yeah, and a footpeg with the mounting bracket. I just realized it's missing one

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Yes it is. Turns out the engine was slid all the way forward. I pushed it all the way back and the belt went on just fine. I think the idler bushing on the driver is worn out though. It's out of round on one little spot and that causes it to get hung up in the close position. Anyone know where to get that bushing?

capguncowboy

I've found something that I can use to fab a small chain guard with.

Looks like all I need is the wiring harness diagram and the brackets for the TAV cover. Anyone?

capguncowboy

I may have the wiring diagram and I would think you could fab the brackets.
i'll look when I get a chance
Thanks Yoop! I know I can fab the brackets, but I need some measurements and pictures to base them off of. There isn't much room for play and it seems like they'd have to be pretty precise