Hello all, I'm Cameron from australia

Hey guys. Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Cameron from Australia. Mechanic by trade, mainly into cars.
When I was younger I had a taco mini bike, and many other other motorbikes.
Wanting to get back into mini bikes now I had kids, first project i will take on is the Tom Thumb mini bike.
Anyone who has done this bike have any suggestions/hints? I got the plans from the magazine, looks all simple enough!

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Crikey!...What time is it there ?

We have a few Aussies on board already...most have those Decksons or whatever that other bike is that looks like a Grand Prix.

There's a whole Tom Thumb picture thread on here somewhere.....welcome and good luck.

Welcom To OldMiniBikes and The USA OldMiniBikes is the best site on the net! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::smile::smile::smile:

I did a little bit bigger version of Tom Thumb....this is my lil bill version.

But manchester (Karen) is the Tom Thumb expert !

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I really like the looks of yours ond. How much bigger did you make it? I am thinking about making
2 versions, an original one, original size etc, for my kids to have fun on.
And a version slightly bigger, bigger wheels engine etc. all parts are readily available for me as I
Am manager at a bearing shop. Only thing I need is a pipe bender that will do the trick.

Thanks again guys

I made mine a lttle bigger so I could put a taller engine on it, the real Tom Thumb is tiny. Good luck on your builds !

Thanks everyone. Looks like Australia defiantly got the bad end of the deal with mini bikes. Been looking through eBay trying to find a frame, so many more in the us.

Thanks everyone. Looks like Australia defiantly got the bad end of the deal with mini bikes. Been looking through eBay trying to find a frame, so many more in the us.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Welcome to OldMiniBikes - If you think Aus has it bad try and find a mini bike in SA.

Besides home-building is very rewarding and this site will have all the info and help you need:thumbsup: