Hello there OldMiniBikes guys

Hi folks,

I'm Rob and I'm new to this OldMiniBikes forum. I've been a part of a lot of other communities like this, including Rat Rod Bikes, for many years. I wouldn't doubt a lot of the same faces are over here too.

I'm an aircooled VW guy from way back, have always had one for... 32 years now? Wow that's what I get for doing the math. Anyway I am down to just one VW, a 1970 Bus, that I drive all the time. Drove it today in fact, carrying around one of my old Schwinns. I have a lot of Schwinns, all different types and sizes, from Stingrays and Fairladys to Collegiates, Travelers and a Suburban or two.

I also work on old Volvos and drive them when not doing VW stuff or bike stuff. I've had my current 240 for about 10 years. Not bad for $900. Simple rugged cars that don't die without a fight.

I'm one of the founding members of a Community Bicycle Shop in New London, Connecticut. If you haven't been to this area, it can be a nice getaway from the big city. We recycle bicycles and take donations of old used bicycles. Then adults and kids can buy bikes or earn them by volunteering with us. It's a great thing when we pass on those mechanical skills to new sets of hands and eyes.

There's lots more to talk about but it involves work, fixing my 110 year old house, and the Red Sox, and we wouldn't want to jinx their season.

See ya soon,
--Rob Bareiss
New London, CT