Help!!! 86’ Briggs 3hp question.

Well...a couple questions. I’ve got a 86’ 080202-1830-01 3hp Briggs that runs great but has a 1 1/4” output shaft. Is there a replacement crank I can put in it with a longer shaft (that I can put a clutch on). Also did Briggs ever make a crankcase cover that has the 4 bolt holes (to mount a clutch brake on) for the 3hp of that era?

Addicted 2 Minis

The answer to both questions is yes, but... most engines that don't have the PTO mounting holes are bushing engines and those that do are bearing engines. Then there's the governor, most bushing engines have a flywheel air flap governor while the bearing engines have an internal gear governor. Also note that carburetors on some are not the easiest to set up for mini bikes due to different governor types and choke styles. After the headache of trying to match up parts you will wish you just bought an engine that had the PTO mounting holes from the start. Not to mention the cost of the parts alone ( even used ) will end up costing as much as an engine that has it already. Try posting a wanted ad in the classifieds section of what you are looking for or try eBay. I see them all the time between $75-$125 on eBay, in fact I just bought one a couple months ago NOS for under $100.