Help engine crank case part fell out.

My Pure guess, from your very detailed description of what happened, is you took the sump cover off and your cam fell out and hit the floor…then your lifers fell along with your rods….push them back up and put the cam in on the timing marks…or whatever it was you were doing..

I took off the crank case cover to replace the gasket and these things fell down. I guess Ill have to tear down engine to replace those things then gasket.

70 PSI seems low, even if the engine has a compression release. I would expect to be at least around 90 PSI. For a proper compression test you must hold the throttle plate fully open - did you?
Michael

Last edited:
Ya and it jumped like 5 psi. I took a video of me trying to start the engine but its MP4 and isnt allowed? Could the valve cap the holds the rockers that cover with a gasket could that be the cause of low compression? Or maybe its the sump crankcase cover?

No I didnt know it went in a certain way. I put the camshaft in and layed the rods/valve tappet on whatever way. So theres a certain way all that should be aligned? Im new to all this Im a newb lol.

So I put RTX silicone around the crankcase and put everything back together or so I hope. All I get nlw is the engine trying to kick over or whatnot. I also did a compression test and got about 70. Any ideas?
I'm assuming you mean that you sealed the cover with RTV silicone only and did not replace the gasket?

Just an FYI: The gasket thickness is factored into the dimensional specifications of the crankshaft and camshaft, eliminating the gasket would reduce end play (AKA: float, AKA: axial clearance) of the crank and cam and may cause binding of either or both.

Ya I tried to cut out a gasket using some material I got from autozone but that didnt pan out well so I got some RTX silicone to use. I would buy a gasket but no one sells any. Is there notches or some way I would know how to time it?