Help Id this 3 wheeler minibike

DT400Rider

Here is better shot of it. It is a project but I like it.
I for one think it is a great project and could be very useful around the yard and at things like swap meets and even parades. As always trike get the bum rap about how much floor space they take up but that's what mezzanines are for build a storage rack above. After all a mini bike can't haul wood or yard debris for you. I would find a tractor seat and a nice little 5 HP Briggs Flat head engine and keep the green color. Best of luck to you and Merry Christmas
Steve :scooter:

I mainly wanted it for our annual 4th of July Parade. It is usually 100 degrees that day and my dog hate walking. I usually ride my sl70 and my wife walks the dog,but hope I will have this done by then. I thinking John Deere green with a Yellow rims and motor. I found a minibike seat on ebay with the JD theme.

My dad have a few old JD so I can store it on his property without him noticing it. lol

I traded for a minibike to strip down to get this project going but I hate to tear it apart now. It is a Bonanza BC-1210. I will have to look for another one.

I see you are in Portland, I may be heading up that way the first week of Jan. Well driving through Portland and the final stop in Pullman washington.

If you need anything delivered up from Sacramento area, just let me know.

I for one think it is a great project and could be very useful around the yard and at things like swap meets and even parades. As always trike get the bum rap about how much floor space they take up but that's what mezzanines are for build a storage rack above. After all a mini bike can't haul wood or yard debris for you. I would find a tractor seat and a nice little 5 HP Briggs Flat head engine and keep the green color. Best of luck to you and Merry Christmas
Steve :scooter:

Last edited:
Thanks for the offered transportation connection. You plan is 100% a winner. And should be a great family day.
In my chapter of the Brothers of The Third Wheel each year we enter the fourth of July parade from The Monmouth University about 5 miles to Independence, Oregon and there is thousands of people who come to this every year. It takes about 45 pounds of candy to throw to the kids and it seems never to be enough.
Your colors should go over well . Steve :scooter:

Last edited:
I think the JD thing has been over done. I would go with the Blue clone and work around that. Forth of July parades could always use a RED/WHITE/BLUE trike in it. Can't EVER go wrong with the U.S.A. Flag theme... I remember back in 1976 a guy in the neighborhood painted his MODEL A red/white and blue and has kept it that way ever since. He puts it in all the parades in the town. Just my opinion on color..... Awesome 3 wheeler :thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.S. Just a coincidence my trike is also R/W/B ;)

Last edited:
started project

So I worked on the project.

The steering was frozen up. I found a couple of zerk fittings to fill. Steers now.

The rims are shot. Too much rust. My dad had a couple of lawn mover wheels that were the same size. Just had to put a bushing in to make it fit.

I had a 3hp motor but will be looking for a 5hp for it.

Here how it looks now. The next time I go to my Dad's house, I will sand blast it.

Its looking better,A Briggs 5HP motor would be perfect for that.The front wheels look like they belong on there.Pretty soon you'll have the ultimate swap meet machine.