Help ID'ing briggs

For the life of me I cant figure out Briggs website to ID this stupid thing. Stamped on the valve cover is
030728 FE
120312 0143 E1

Attempting to buy gaskets and other such parts so I can tear into it and see what all has been done to it as it was used to some sort of ghetto racing when I bought the bike. Anyone able to help decipher it and give an ID?

markus

use numbers 120312 0143 E1 to pull up the parts listings and manuals through Google, its a 12 cubic inch, think its a 2003 built engine.

PatrickCraik

You can contact their customer service via email from their site. Give them the numbers and they'll tell you when it was made and the specs. I've done it a few times,theyre very helpful

use numbers 120312 0143 E1 to pull up the parts listings and manuals through Google, its a 12 cubic inch, think its a 2003 built engine.
That's what I was guessing as well. I'm trying to figure out the damn cc now. I think it may be 208 but briggs also has a 206 and a bunch of others in that range. If I want to buy a cam or such, I need the dang CC. Thanks for helping me confirm I'm not a complete idiot.

markus

That's what I was guessing as well. I'm trying to figure out the damn cc now. I think it may be 208 but briggs also has a 206 and a bunch of others in that range. If I want to buy a cam or such, I need the dang CC. Thanks for helping me confirm I'm not a complete idiot.
the 208cc start with a 13 (13ci) designation, the 120000 series shows as a 206cc from what I see.

You can find diagrams for your engine on This website, under parts diagrams and then briggs and stratton, and find find your series, and narrow it down from there. You will need your model number and type, to find your diagram.