help me give an old 2hp briggs a second life

That doesn't seem to be completely accurate based on your later questions. :laugh: I do appreciate your confidence and enthusiasm.
Well the whole Flywheel/points deal i didnt really have a clue, now i sort of get it lol. Not bad for 13 though ? ill post up some pics of the engine i just painted it partly.

you can adjust the valve clearance to give it more power. Pull off the head and the valve cover. rotate the engine over while twisting a valve with your fingers. Youll see that the valves are open a bit when they should be shut. Thats lets alot of the compression escape early. So grind or file the back of the valve stem till you get it fairly close to where it should be but leave some overlap. Itll wake the little 2hp up. Your carb is probrobly not repairable

If the carb is repairable its only 1 feed tube going into the tank, i belive the tank is also leaking, could i cut the tube near the bottom and hook a gas line up to it with a clamp on the line to run a custom tank keeping stress off the carb ?

And if not i have a bowl style carb off of a 4hp, will that flood it horribly ?

Last edited:
i would find another carb to be honest with only one bolt holding the carb to the block its not going to properly seal will get air which will make it run like crap after time or just fall off.u can put a bowl or same type of carb with a tank.

i would find another carb to be honest with only one bolt holding the carb to the block its not going to properly seal will get air which will make it run like crap after time or just fall off.u can put a bowl or same type of carb with a tank.
I dont understand? the bolt holes match up the carb and the block ?

at the bottom of the reply box click on go advanced... then scroll down to manage attachments.. click then browse for the pic click upload when it done u will see in the box its uploaded then go back to the reply box all the way to the bottom and click submit reply

That 2hp will be ok on a mini. Its not going to be super fast, but will work. I just built a 2 hp for my sons mini. Before the rebuild it would pull me at 22mph. I did alot of work on the engine. If you need any parts for the old girl just pm me. I have everythig that motor would ever need. The 60102 engines are my favorite brigs of all time.