Help Rupp Roadster 2 Help

So I finally tour into my 1972 Rupp Roadster. I got all the chrome pieces off. My question is do the bearings press out on the front wheel hub? I do not want to tear anything up but they will not come out. Do they only come out one side? Also does the inner hub with the bearings in it remove from the larger hub that the spokes go to? It looks like that is starting to move before the bearings come out. I have not tore into the rear yet. All help is appreciated. Pictures are awesome as well.

capguncowboy

I'm not too sure about the inner hubs, but the bearings do press out. You can use a punch, or a long bolt and a mallet to knock them loose.

Rupp wheel bearings are a bear to remove. They sit in a separate aluminum cup and between them is a sleeve that the axle goes through that is about the exact diameter that the bearing has. After quite a few aggravating hours I bought a cheap bearing removal tool ( looks like a dent puller) and pulled them out pretty quickly.

That's what I was trying to figure out .....if they where in a cup or not. I did get them out. Your right they sucked. I will get a pic to post on here for the next guy.

This is the best way to pull them out s-l300.jpg
Unless someone put them in without the spacer between them, if so, they can be driven out with a punch from the opposite side