Help with strange Briggs 5hp

Can you Briggs experts help me with this one. Up for sale locally.I have never seen this style air filter before. And the throttle/choke setup? What was this on and would it convert easily to hook up on my LIL' indian saber?

Very common around here have two one that is about 12 years old with a few hours on it and another probably 20 years old the older one i made an adapter for a mukuni carb and the other i just took off that air filter made an adapter for a uni type filter and for the throttle linkage i unhooked the Governor and just made a tab that would go behind the idle screw on the throttle butterfly and i ran the cable through that with a spring to return it hooked on the shroud. The way that throttle switch is setup on the side in ur pic if you hook up to that u will only get half throttle the way its hooked up to the governor so remove it just do what i did but keep the linkage to the governor hooked up

Thank you for the info. So some adapting and the throttle will hook up.
The guy says it runs great and he's only asking $50 bucks. Sounds like a deal.
Thanks again and Happy Holidays

they are good motors. I got one new in 1995 and all it has ever needed was oil changes. still runs great . the throttle cable hookup is at the bottom under the tank