Hemi Predator Piston Rings

Not sure but for 18 bucks you can get a new hemi piston and rings from ARC not sure if OldMiniBikes has it or not. How are you checking compression? You need an electric starter to spin it fast enough to disable the compression release.

Valocalrep

Without the Pull starter on it i can turn the engine with ease i feel it start to compress but not as much as my other predator engines

trinik7597

If your lash is off you will loose compression as well ... What you really need to do is pull the head and check the bore to see if you have some kind of hatch mark .. if your bore is glazed you will need a home or new rings are pointless

Last edited:

Valocalrep

If your lash is off you will loose compression as well ... What you really need to do is pull the head and check the bore to see if you have some kind of hatch mark .. if your bore is glazed you will need a home or new rings are pointless
Hey trinik I put it all back together today with new rigs and gasket and compression still feels low. What should my lash be at on each side?

trinik7597

Eric is right ... 3 is OK .. I set zero but if you don't have that exactly right exhaust will be too tight and you will loose compression

If you are on Facebook go to arcracings page and watch the video Jody did on valve train tips and tricks ... It will explain more than a book I would have to write here

Did you run a bottle hone before the ring install? Maybe pull a valve cover and see how far your valves are opening too and make sure you don't have flat cam lobes. If you get fully stumped I would try to get an air chuck that threads in to your spark plug hole. Make sure the cylinder is at TDC on the compression stroke, find a way to keep cylinder from moving so the air pressure dose not push piston back down and put some air to the cylinder. You want to open the throttle wide open and listen to you intake and then listen to the exhaust and make sure no air leaks past your valves. You will hear a little air leak in the crank case due to the rings having a gap. Try to see if it is all leaking past the rings or if is leaking some were it is not suppose to. You don't need to put a lot of pressure to it so if you have an inline regulator you can start with a low pressure and slowly turn up tell you can hear were it is coming from clearly would be best.

That's chronic symptoms of the lash being off .... You are loosing compression because your exhaust is too tight ... Don't go messing or trouble shooting anything else until you get that right ... I will send you a link to the video

Ok everyone so with Triniks helps and everyone else's help i got the lash set right and she is now running BUTTTTTTT its running really rough and i am not sure how to put it 100% into words but as its running it has a mean hard hop. Like i cant hold it down with 1 hand when its running at idle.