Herold Inc Super Bronc

1EYE

:drool:Hello everyone i want to start by thanking everyone for the welcome to the club, and also that i am a novice builder but avid tinkerer that being said after having my 1st. minibike this year and getting it going i was bitten by the bug :gunsmilie: So now im on my 2nd. build and this time im going to do a complete tear down and build just to see how hard it is and to test myself. Ops and as for the 1st. bike i sold it the same day i took it out after i completed it, i had a offer i coulnt refuse lol:thumbsup:

The 1st. pics that i will be posting are of the bike that i worked on prior to the current build in both cases im not sure what they are, but as far as the 2nd. bike i think its a super bronc well thats what the seat says anyways lol, so we will see after you guys tell me for sure... Ok enough with the jabbering on with the pics :drool:

1EYE

Ok now that thats out of the way here is my current project i will give you some history on how it came to me. i was doing my regular Craigslist bored looking around the site thing and i just happend on this ad about a older minbike that was in the guys barn for years and he had not given it a second thought until his wife decided she wanted to use the barn for her stable again, well long story short he had to get rid of all his toys and this Herold Super Bronc was something his dad got for him as a child, ops im rabbling again, so after talking to him we decided on the price of 200 bucks if i would drive out there and pick it up that night. Well its time to take a ride i jumped into my truck with the idea of it being right outside of town, but no no no no that would have been way to easy he lives clear out into gods country from my place to his was 1 hour 48 mins, it was so far out that my nav went nuts and took a break on me when i stopped at their local gas station. He lives in Kiowa, CO and i live in Denver so i went from lights everwhere to just me and the moon lol. Ok there i go again :hammer: i got to his house and it was very dark by this time and if you know CO you know this is the strangest state for weather so there was snow, he came out and was quite happy that i just got lost just 3 or 4 times lol and he opened his garage and pulled the bike around and when i saw it my thought was WOW this thing is huge and how am i going to load this beast, it seems to me also to be complete other than a few things the owner told me about due to his attempt to get it running again, no matter he told me over the phone that it was not running and had not ran in over a decade to be exact 11 years, again no problem right ??? well i was happy looking at thje beast and i gave him the cash and we shook then we both looked at the hight of my truck and thought OUCH... After the crazy looks from his wife as we were loading it, and got it all secured in we shook again and i was on my way back to the lab "my garage" with my new beast lol... Now to all of our fav part the pics, PS yes it stayed the night in the truch because i was tired and didnt want to break my back getting it out myself lol :no:

Last edited:

1EYE

Now its movie time so im going to take a break before i get into my tear down pics thx again all, i hope you enjoy the pics... And any and all suggestions are welcome, thx again...:thumbsup:

Mine is just a rider. I put them together and don't care much for originality as long as they run well. Its all about having fun. I am not afraid to scratch them and break them. In fact I think we should have a Super Bronc smash up derby. :thumbsup: Davis is more of a work of art and belongs on a trailer next to KKKs Twister Trike...lol

Mine is just a rider. I put them together and don't care much for originality as long as they run well. Its all about having fun. I am not afraid to scratch them and break them. In fact I think we should have a Super Bronc smash up derby. :thumbsup: Davis is more of a work of art and belongs on a trailer next to KKKs Twister Trike...lol
The work of art comment , thank you very much gumpit .:thumbsup:

Also i just have to ask does anyone know what my 1st minibike was its the little 1 on page 1. And now lets start the show I started to tear down the Bronc taking time to check for any damage that i could see right off. So I will start with the most important part the tools that i have been doing my work with...

I started with the seat seeing how mine has the old plywood base and the cusion is busting out of the leather I know right off that thats gotta get delt with...

then out comes the engine complete this was done by removing the 4 bolts at the bottom of the frame from the motor flange. The engine was painted black before i took it out but as you can see from above that was not going to fly with me lol :drinkup:

Last edited: