hey guy I got a 6.5 honda clone engine that got a

F.Wood

I got a 6.5 honda clone engine that got a want sound like a rod knock..I rip out the govern seasons ago..finly fix the oil leak form man handle my bearing cover.but I just put this engine down 8 month ago and fired it yesterday. it get louder when I give some whist. then quiet down about 30mins in the ride... but come back at high speeds. what can this be?

It's probably a rod knock. The stock rods in these clones are ok for their rated factory RPMs. Pushing them past 4000 usually shortens their life.
Pull the side cover off and see what you have.

F.Wood

well I pull my cover off.. but the bearing stay on the crank shaft. so I thing my knock came form shot bearing.. and i got a grove on my crank shaft that why the bearing ain't coming off.. is there anyway to fix this thing for cheap? or my best bet is to go buy another engine..?:doah:

F.Wood

OK my bearing ain't shot... I put off my valve cover i check my valve clearance.. and wow I stuck a feeler gauge in their and wow they are way way out..like past 0.53mm for each. so maybe be just the valve.. check those form Honda them self I found that the valve are suppose to be at intake0.15mm exhaust 0.20mm so i am going to do the adjustment tomorrow and see where that take me... if I still got the knock I let you guys know if not then I guess I found the problem...:thumbsup::scooter:

F.Wood

did all adjustment never made it back in the mini... my engine is dead... so no more riding in tell next month or when ever.. when I have the money to replace my engine. happy riding all