HF blast cabinet

well after hearing all the negatives, just gonna build y own, have a laser and break at work, so mize well use my fringe benifits
Home made is always better than store bought in my opinion. It gives you a great sense of accomplishment when your done and you can build it the size you need/want. Post pics when your done please!!

ok, been very busy at work so I fabbed up some parts so I can work on it at home, have a lot of medical issues so I don't get a lot done anymore, but its a start!!

its 46 wide, 25 tall and 25 deep

Attachments

Last edited:
Sure, this is an old thread, but I haven't seen much discussion about blast cabinets in quite awhile. My kid's boss bought an HF blast cabinet recently and he really likes it. He followed the tips in the reviews and sealed its seams well with silicone before he ever turned it on.

Yesterday I picked up this Nesco (made in USA!) cabinet. This cab has floated around my circle of friends for the past twenty years, at least. Its seams are welded, so there are fewer potential leak points. The gloves and window are in good shape but it needs a new hose or two, and I should probably add a dryer to my air line. It came w/two guns and a handful of tips in different sizes. The back has been extended so you can get larger items inside, but it won't take a minibike frame.

I bought a Campbell Hausfeld compressor at Montgomery Ward on 1994. It is rated 125 psi max, and should blow 5-6 cfm at 90 psi w/no problem. That sounds like enough for the small jobs that I'll be doing.

Has anyone else built or bought a blast cabinet recently?

Sure, this is an old thread, but I haven't seen much discussion about blast cabinets in quite awhile. My kid's boss bought an HF blast cabinet recently and he really likes it. He followed the tips in the reviews and sealed its seams well with silicone before he ever turned it on.

Yesterday I picked up this Nesco (made in USA!) cabinet. This cab has floated around my circle of friends for the past twenty years, at least. Its seams are welded, so there are fewer potential leak points. The gloves and window are in good shape but it needs a new hose or two, and I should probably add a dryer to my air line. It came w/two guns and a handful of tips in different sizes. The back has been extended so you can get larger items inside, but it won't take a minibike frame.

I bought a Campbell Hausfeld compressor at Montgomery Ward on 1994. It is rated 125 psi max, and should blow 5-6 cfm at 90 psi w/no problem. That sounds like enough for the small jobs that I'll be doing.

Has anyone else built or bought a blast cabinet recently?

I have the same exact cabinet from TP Tools that Docdc posted a pic of earlier in this thread... Made in USA also and I love it. No leaks and top load...I bought the lower shelf/wheel kit for it when I bought it so it can me moved around easily...

Tom,
I have access to the same TP tools cabinet. I tend to look at blast cabinets like gasoline containers, its bad when they leak.
Nice looking cabinet you have there.
So no answer for you from me,
Steve

Made this one 35 years ago still going strong. It will work fine with a compressor like yours but put a gauge on cabinet so when pressure drops you can stop and wait till it goes back up. Need to get a water desiccant filter or on humid days when compressor gets warm it will spit water drops. Mine will take mini frames except for the 14” speedway one I am working on now.

My work went cheap and bought a pair from Harbor Freight, didn't work out so well or last either. They recently spent the money on new ones that were made in the USA and they are so much better for our needs. We use them all day for light to medium duty cleaning of parts.

I got one of these gizmos the other day. It's built sturdy, has a magnetic base that sticks to my welding table. I'm no longer looking for a place to rest my MIG in between welds. FullSizeRender-24.jpg