HH60 Flywheel Magnets Charging / Spark Problem

Iv got a cast iron HH60 for a troy bilt roto tiller the magnets that charge the battery all around the flywheel most of them came off. I glued them back on all in the same orientation. Obviously that was wrong because it doesnt seem to spark at the right time. Im guessing one of them needs to be backwards to get the coil to spark. The one at tdc I presume. Unless every other one needs to be backwards I dont know. Any advice?

Iv got a cast iron HH60 for a troy bilt roto tiller the magnets that charge the battery all around the flywheel most of them came off. I glued them back on all in the same orientation. Obviously that was wrong because it doesnt seem to spark at the right time. Im guessing one of them needs to be backwards to get the coil to spark. The one at tdc I presume. Unless every other one needs to be backwards I dont know. Any advice?
Magnets have to be plus to minus to plus to minus, etc. "Same orientation" sounds like that is what you did. In other words, each magnet should attract the one next to it. That sets up the positive to negative wave form for the AC generated. None of them should be same polarity, as it wont set up electrical potential.

First one is HH60, second one is HH140 with more magnets, but provides the illustration.

3ysudydy.jpg

hh140flywheel.jpg

Thanks Dave that is helpfull I will recheck them. When i did them I had one side of the magnet n and the other side s. I didnt know they had n and s on both ends of each magnet.