Hi all, first post. Roddy branded muskin cat

Howdy all. I picked up an old roller that has all the earmarks of a hpe cat. This bike has a roddy engineered sticker badge under the hack job paint. I know it’s early. Has non recessed bolts in the plate for the kickstand. I will get some pics when I’ve the chance as I have some questions on some of the parts and dimensions. Wanted to introduce myself and thanks.

I’m wondering what size model this cat would be, and what is that bracket thing on the the top frame bars. Does not look like the kill switch plates I’ve seen. Many thanks again.

desert rat

https://jleibovitch.tripod.com/id283.htm

350SS if you ask me. Low usage, most of the normal bangs and scuffs are not present. The piece bolted to the top run of the frame is a motor stabilizer not stock may have been sold as an upgrade. Frame number is located on the front left of the motor plate. You can see the location in this pic. You do have those hyspeed forks, they can be fixed very easy.

Attachments

SGDB

Thank you Superflea. Believe I solved the mystery on this roller. Rebranded 300ss. Thanks again for the welcome
You still have it ?? Fixing her up ?? With the smaller frame, Looks like a 300.. And with the mags and disc brake, Could be an SS.. I was only aware of the 350SS..

FunWithStuff

Looks like a 250x to me.
You still have it ?? Fixing her up ?? With the smaller frame, Looks like a 300.. And with the mags and disc brake, Could be an SS.. I was only aware of the 350SS..
It's more than likely a 300SS. Not a 250X because they did not have removable handlebars. The 300SS exists but is one of Cat's most unusual and rarest models. It was originally painted a dark yellow (which some of the original paint can be seen some on this bike). There has never been any sales brochures or documentation of the bike found but decals for the bike exist so it's a real model. Here's a decal on a clutch cover that proves its existence:
Screenshot_20221003-065353_YouTube.jpg
And a video of the bike (semi-complete with original paint):

FunWithStuff

Ha!!! It's got the famous Cat bent forks!!
It amazes me that Cat didn't put shocks on the forks of these bikes (250X and 300's). I guess since these were smaller model bikes they thought little kids would just ride them around and no one would do jumps with them. Looks like they were wrong lol.

I'm trying to restore one of these right now. I'm missing the kickstand, front fender, but mostly no brake caliper.
My dad bought it for me in 1971, and I'm now trying to restore it for my grandson.