Hodakas

I've been restoring these Hodaka's as more "sympathetic" builds, with not as much new chrome, paint, etc, but rebuilding the engines, repacking forks, polishing turds, stuff like that. First one is a 1971 B+ has a title. Second one is a 64 Ace 90, which I already traded for cash, a motorcycle lift, and a 69 Yamaha AT1. I'm still having fun! I'm Still Over-restoring mini bikes too, and if I am not making parts or begging Evil Ed for them, I buy them from Hent. 71 92B Right.JPG

1964 Hodaka Ace 90 Left.JPG

Dave I may have some random parts laying around if your interested. I know for fact that I have a roller ace 100 but it’s rough not sure if you would be interested or not. I have some engine parts as well if there’s anything specific you are looking for I could see what I have

Gotta love those Hodakas and their history Dave. Can't wait to see your current Over restored mini bike. A BC1500SH right?
LOL, yeah, I get a nostalgic buzz over the Hodakas as well Joe. The thing about the fan base is that some of the guys still in the hobby were there in the early days- photos in magazines of the day, historic desert races, stories, etc. I'm such a fan boy posseur in that crowd. I finished the BC quite awhile ago, and have done the two Hodakas above, as well as a Ruttman and most of another Bonanza MX. I'll post the Rutttman once I get the stickers on the clutch guard. My first attempt at them (water slide) was me using a container I had carb cleaner in for the water, and of course the ink and half the decal ran. I'm an idiot!

Here is the BC. I had a low number E motor built by Greg Watkins of California Hodaka. The guy has done some notable builds, and for a few bucks more, it was his quality over my own amateur work. (shrug) Another HOK paint job, blue kandy frame, tank is white base, blue metallic overlay (shows in the sun, not in photo) with a urethane final. Exhaust- the center crimp portion was the last of three from DMC's shop after he passed. I had to fab the rest of is, (Ace 90 head pipe) and get it chromed. Seat by Karen, but shoot Joe, you know what it takes to get them like this.

1642690427047.jpeg

Dave I may have some random parts laying around if your interested. I know for fact that I have a roller ace 100 but it’s rough not sure if you would be interested or not. I have some engine parts as well if there’s anything specific you are looking for I could see what I have
Hi Bryan! I might be interested in some of it. Also, I have the front end YOU need for your next Gambler bike. It's a really nice Showa 27mm set complete with trees and races, missing bearings. I believe I have the metric axle for it as well. It came off a Steen and is a lot like the Rupp oleo version, but better built. This one seems solid, no leaking, and still has oil. I'd do a trade or a good deal for you on it. I had it priced at $100, but the potential buyer lost interest. Also have a Bonanza Typhoon swing arm. I'd do you a solid on this stuff, because I really enjoy the projects you get in to. In fact, my original intent was to build a Bonanza and do what you did with these parts, but I ended up getting too many good parts for an MX build, (tank and seat too) so I can't justify ripping off the neck and welding on a neck for the Showa forks. Up to you my friend, and snap a photo of your Hodaka stuff and PM me with it if you please.

Th
Hi Bryan! I might be interested in some of it. Also, I have the front end YOU need for your next Gambler bike. It's a really nice Showa 27mm set complete with trees and races, missing bearings. I believe I have the metric axle for it as well. It came off a Steen and is a lot like the Rupp oleo version, but better built. This one seems solid, no leaking, and still has oil. I'd do a trade or a good deal for you on it. I had it priced at $100, but the potential buyer lost interest. Also have a Bonanza Typhoon swing arm. I'd do you a solid on this stuff, because I really enjoy the projects you get in to. In fact, my original intent was to build a Bonanza and do what you did with these parts, but I ended up getting too many good parts for an MX build, (tank and seat too) so I can't justify ripping off the neck and welding on a neck for the Showa forks. Up to you my friend, and snap a photo of your Hodaka stuff and PM me with it if you please.
Im interested I have another build starting up I was going to use a Rupp frame and swing arm as a starting point for my gambler build this year. They confirmed there will be a race so I’m scrambling to get some stuff together it’s usually in may but don’t have the dates yet for this year but i don’t have very long.