Holder Micro cycle

Addicted 2 Minis

From what little I have seen, it appears that it used the same engine as the ORLINE MK-II chainsaw, note the 3 screws holding the blower housing, it's the only Ohlsson Rice engine I've found with the same 3 screws. On the Micro Cycle, the exhaust exits out the front or the right as you're looking at the engine from the recoil side. The MK-II exits out the rear if you were looking at it from the recoil side. It also appears to be a reed engine, not piston ported so you may be able to rotate the cylinder on the MK-II chainsaw engine so the exhaust exits out the front/right like the Micro Cycle without having to change the piston/cylinder. As far as what gearbox was used, it's hard to tell from the picture but I'm sure it was from Ohlsson Rice used for something like a drill, saw or friction drive gearbox for bicycle???. *EDIT* I looked on eBay at a MK II chainsaw and noticed that the chainsaw body is half of the crankcase, they had to of used this engine on something.

Holder_Micro_Cycle_01.jpg
Holder_Micro_Cycle_02.jpg
ORLINE_MK_II.jpg

Last edited:

markus

I scanned and uploaded the entire test report on those from the MBG on here years ago, probably not too much help for assembly but its on here anyway, and will probably get photoshopped to take out the OldMiniBikes watermark and uploaded to another website by douchebag that says we here on OldMiniBikes are never help anyone with literature and info :)

Good luck with it!

Thank you @Addicted 2 Minis and @markus . I did get the NOS motor with the bike. Paul said he got the motor from somebody that use to work for them about 50 years ago. I didn't even open the box yet.
I actually saw those pictures Markus as you had them in the photo gallery. That is all I'm going to have to try and figure this out. Boatguy bought one at Windber a few years back that I was looking at but I snoozed and lost out on the deal. I did contact boatguy (Bill) and I think he said he sold the bike. I know he got paper work with the bike as I was standing right next to him but he said he didn't get any.
Not that I am any way near assembly, I have seen a couple different photos of which side the front fork is suppose to come down. The couple pictures on the site have it both ways. I'll have to figure that out or use the photo's markus posted.
The wheels and tires are pretty shot. Hopefully I can get the holes welded in the wheel. lol.
Most major problem will be fabbing the bar that comes down from the frame that helps hold the motor and has the foot peg bar.

Off to shovel and snow blow. Thank you

markus

@manchester1 , I have a few 5" steel wheels like that but with standard width hubs....were NOS with tires at one time from a closed down mini bike/Kart factory. (I stole all the Indian head Carlisle's off them and sold them off a few years back). Depending on the Hub Diameters (these are standard 1 3/8" ID) you may be able to just alter them by cutting the snout down if you wheel/s are too rotted. If you need any let me know IMG_2385.JPG

Thanks @markus , I will let you know. Looks like the hub is only 1". I will have to check the wheels I have at my garage. I don't think I have anything like that. I think the back wheel be ok but not the front. PXL_20210202_211654903.jpg