Home made fenders on the cheap

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share a little fender tip I have been using, the idea may have already been posted, if not all the better. Although I may not have vintage bike's I am quite resourceful and creative when something needs to get done especially when it's out of the norm so I'll contribute in any way I can and thanks to those that have assisted me thus far.

What I needed was a simple fender and splash guard for the front frame uprights to keep gravel and muck off the bike on trail rides so what I did was purchase a 45 gal plastic drum and fashion some simple fenders out of it and the arc is perfect for most size tires and the plastic being 1/4" thick retains it's curvature so no additional brackets are req'd to use it. The drums also come in black, white, and dark blue that I'm aware of. Total cost was $10.00 for the drum and the fenders which can be put on with zip ties in 2 mins and removed as quickly so you can look cool when it's sunny out.

Cheers,
Al

104_1733.JPG

Ding Ding

That will work for sure, and the price is right. I've seen guys cut up old tires and use the radius as a fenders.....ewww haha