Homlite TrailKing

Fourtogo

Needed a chain tensioner of primary chain , and kick stand << kick stand was made from a lug wrench cut down

Attachments

This my Homlite TrailKing
That’s an interesting looking ride and I’ve never seen one like it. Having lived in the northeast I have seen a Homelite snowmobile but never anything like this.You are very talented and I’ll be sure to watch this one.
Thank You for posting and documenting your work.

Fourtogo

Rides pretty nice got TONS OF BRAKES FOR SURE ! . Seat is a Honda 50 trail bike seat . I have changed the gas tank to the long run 1/2 gal tank . Don’t have pics that forgot to do that . It’s all broken down out powder coater now

Attachments

Fourtogo

Kinda concern now after calling coater for a check up . Telling me the coating got darker over sections I welded . Don’t understand that welded heck out my HeathKit frame it came out beautiful. I guess using this shop might be a first and last time . Oh and price seemed a bit high .

Kinda concern now after calling coater for a check up . Telling me the coating got darker over sections I welded . Don’t understand that welded heck out my HeathKit frame it came out beautiful. I guess using this shop might be a first and last time . Oh and price seemed a bit high .
What was the price of the powder coating?
Michael

Last edited:

Fourtogo

There’s a Homlite in there someplace , I didn’t really open up ports on the Tecumseh HS50 . Just clean up casting flashings and restriction areas , need decarbon degrease hone block . Gaskets match up nice too ports waiting on crank seals now . Will start assembling the frame after painting rear wheel , have done rear center hub already .

Attachments

Fourtogo

Tecumseh engine did some work on it ,. Remove governor arm , tapped and plugged that . Lapped valves ball hone cylinder << very little wear on cylinder. Removed Tecumseh compression release bump . Used thread cleaner tap << don’t use a regular tap for threads . Lots acetone brake clean soap and water . Wire wheeled all exterior bolts . Taped off block and sidehousing and head . Don’t fan of just painting entire engine bolts and all . I all sprayed the tins with hammer/write silver paint

Attachments

Fourtogo

Looking for someone local Long Beach Ca. . To pin stripe the edge of front and rear rims . Too much white rims needs some contrast. Want a 1/4” too 3/8” stripe laid down .