Honda/Clone 5.5 and 6.5 hp Bolt size and torque specs

Mbx10 go ahead & buy American or 7 mm bolts then....:censure:

Try are 8mm x 125 pitch METRIC bolts but in mine I have to run a tap in the holes to clean them up.

Last edited:
For Honda and Honda Clone gx160 (5.5 hp) and gx200 (6.5 hp) Engines
This is the size list so far of the bolts and some torque values. Please let me know if you have anything to add. Please note these are the stock sizes and torque specs, please when installing aftermarket parts consult the Manufacture for proper bolt size and torque specs.

Bolt /size /(torque foot/lbs)

Connecting rod bolt M7 x 1.0 (9 ft/lbs)

Cylinder head bolt M8 x 1.25 (17 ft/lbs)

Flywheel nut (special nut) M14 x 1.5 (54 ft/lbs)

Rocker arm pivot lock nut (special nut) M6 x 0.5 (7 ft/lbs)

Rocker arm pivot bolt M8 x 1.25 (17 ft/lbs)

Crankcase cover bolt M8 x 1.25 (17 ft/lbs)

Muffler mounting nuts M8 x 1.25 (17 ft/lbs)

Cylinder head intake bolts. M6 x 20 1.00 (17 ft/lbs)

Cylinder head exhaust bolts. M8 x 25 1.25 (17 ft/lbs)

Crank Shaft bolt. 5/16"-24 x 3/4" fine thread (30 ft/lbs)

Crank case mounting bolts 5/16"-24 x 3/4" (17 ft/lbs) (some engines use M8 x 20 1.25 pitch) (17 ft/lbs)

If you only have a Inch Pound torque wrench multiply the number of ft/lbs by 12 (FT/LBS X 12 = Inch/LBS)

Are the cylinder head bolts really only 17 ft/lbs???

Guess I've been building cars too long. Lol

Hey i have a predator 212 in my go kart i stored it verticaly in my garage fir the winter and now it wont start i think theres fuel in the engine but ive already cleaned it out and it still wont start any suggestions

So was it sitting for like 3 months or so? If so you may have gumming going on in your lines, the fuel will start to gel up over that period of time along with the cold, I would start by checking my lines, and then work my way to the carb and clean it.

I have a predator 212 engine and I hope these torque specs are accurate for predator stock before any mods. I'm just a hobbyist, but that means I'm also all about learning the build. If anyone can add anything, I'd be appreciative.
I want to know what it comes with, before I change anything, along with the right way to change it. I didn't know any torque specs because I can't find a shop manual anywhere. Why the big secret, Harbor Freight? Why not sell replacement parts? I needed a part for my B&S powered lawnmower and I looked it up online (shop manual) and ordered it from a B&S supplier, in less than 15 min.
These Chinese are so .... un-American. I'll think twice before I buy another. :no:
Thanks to Olajoe808 and vette66 00. for the procedure for rod/crank torque.
also (However, vette66 00 "Connecting rod bolt M7 x 1.0 (9 ft/lbs)"
and Olajoe808 "until you reach 150 in/lbs if you use moly lube or 170 in/lbs if you used oil"
So, 9 ft/lbs x 12 = 108 in/lbs and 170 in/lbs / 12 = 14.166 ft/lbs, the numbers don't match

Last edited:
Valve cover torque spec please.
i stripped 3 out of 4 and have to get bigger bolts now. Spewing oil isn't really fun to clean up.

..AND THIS LADIES AND GENTLEMAN..
is what it looks like when you over-torque the head bolts thinking the chart said 50 pounds..

Now to get the other halves out of the block.