Honda/clone basic carb cleaning detail pic

I had help with this one.... r_chez_08 led me to em,.....:thumbsup: I just ripped the jpg from the pdf file....HA
:O you stole my link! I would like to say, I deserve all the credit for this, not this guy^
lol. I don't really care, hope it helps some people.

http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/PowerProducts/TERMS010.aspx

There's a whole assembly page there too, telling you how to put a whole motor back together.
If metal head wants to take credit for that one as well, go ahead :wink:

Last edited:

Motra

I've been working at a Honda dealer for years and have volumes of stuff like this, but every time I post some of it it just fades away into oblivion in a day or two. If there was a way to upload pdf files to this site I could donate tons of info. I have boxes and boxes full of manuals; Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh, Robin, Kohler, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Wisconsin, etc.

I've been working at a Honda dealer for years and have volumes of stuff like this, but every time I post some of it it just fades away into oblivion in a day or two. If there was a way to upload pdf files to this site I could donate tons of info. I have boxes and boxes full of manuals; Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh, Robin, Kohler, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Wisconsin, etc.
AGREED! we need archives

Hey guys, I seem to be having a bogging problem with my 212cc predator. I added a new header and re jetted the carbs with a 140 Imulsion tube. And since then the bike has been bogging down, it sounds like it's thirsting for fuel, when I throttle it just dies down and then throttles back up again. I've tried everything, changing the spark plug, draining the old gas with new premium fuel, changed the oil, checked the valves, bought new carb, only thing left I can thik of is removing the jets and putting back the old one. Any suggestions

What about the air filter, is that changed.
Premium gasoline wont do well in these engines unless you have modified the compression ratio to burn that higher compression fuel.

Equally speaking about the jet size, is the plug check(as in colour) relating to the jet size?

catfishman

i have watched the video, i have put a new stock main jet in my predator, also cleaned the emulsion tube and carb. what do you use to clean the little hole in the plastic idle jet? my motor will only start for a second or two on starting fluid, and when it does it wants to take off full speed ahead. i have had it try to get away from me twice, and knocked over some shite in the garage like it was possesed. any help is appreciated.