Honda CT90 On Minibike

Hi all,I have a few questions about the 90cc engine on a Honda CT90. What is the HP on this engine, will it be suitable for a mini bike? Thanks

1971_MB1A

There's a lever behind the shifter on the left side of the engine that you can switch to low range (for off road slower speed) and high range (for on road faster speed).

My son and I own a 1969 Honda CT90 bike. By design, the Honda CT90 engine needs a (fully charged) battery, and working rectifier to be able to start and run., so you would need to install those on the bike as well. OldMiniBikes member "Inspectorpardue" (Jon) can explain the electronics needs of the CT90 much better than I!
Michael

Last edited:
Can't toss a dead Wombat without hitting an also-dead Postie in some parts there. I know that some of the later 110s did not have the dual-range sub trans, not certain on the 90. Parts are available, but it's an old heavy engine. I sent a few big bore sets to AU Postie nuts.

"" By design, the Honda CT90 engine needs a (fully charged) battery, and working rectifier to be able to start and run.,
Michael[/QUOTE]""

So thats why my CT90 wont run worth a damn...good to know.