Honda GC160 throttle help??

I am sorry if this topic has already been covered, but I spent about 30 minutes using the search function and came up pretty much empty handed, so if you know of a thread, please link me. I know this motor doesn't have a big following, but I'm sure there are a few out there.

So, my question involves the Governor arm. When I was a kid I don't ever remember having a governor hooked up on anything and I just recently read how one worked after looking at some of the engine failure threads. This engine is completely stock. I am not trying to build something to set land speed records and don't want parts flying every where. I have come up with a way to hook the throttle to the butterfly mech. on the carb., so if I leave the governor arm hooked up will it still work as a governor? The way I understand it as the engine speeds up, the governor would pull the throttle blade back, but if my throttle is manually pulling the butterfly wide open is the governor going to do anything? I know this is probably a really dumb question, but I want the bike to perform well and be safe.

Thanks for any input,
Jeremy

C9H13NO3

Can you post some pics so we can see exactly what you are talking about? If you do I am more than certain we can help you out.:thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Yup

the governor opens the throttle until the engine is started, after it is started the governor will close it back down to idle