how can i upgrade tecumseh ohh60

i have a 6hp tecumseh power sport, what kinds of mods or parts can and should i get to make it better, like springs rods airfilter gas govner or remove it, new carb also will a 5hp head on a 6hp do any good, and where can i get these parts all i run into are parts for honda or predator

125ccCrazy

the 6hp ohv Tecumseh isn't a very good choice for a hot rod build due to the performance parts available... ARC makes a rod... other than that it's going to be mostly just DIY stuff like advance the timing, milling the head, porting etc unless you can find someone that was into these engines years ago that might have some custom made pieces.. You could find a steel cam and have it welded and ground... as far as a carb with a mostly stock engine you should be able to run an 18mm to 20mm Mikuni.... unless your going for the unsual OHV build I'd suggest finding a Briggs Intek, animal or WF...you can build these as far as your wallet will allow..

There was a motorsports version of that engine from tecumseh, it had stainless valves aluminum retainers better springs billit rod and tilly carb. Some parts might be getable if you new the part numbers. Also there was a guy named dave ables that sold stuff for those engines....although i hear he is near impossible to contact?