how do i take off clutch bolt?

i bought the predator engine and i have it installed and i got the clutch and its on but then i realized i need a clutch guard so i bought a OldMiniBikes one. but the clutch is in the way of where i mount it. i was wondering how do i take it off because when i try the jack shaft just moves with it and it wont loosen, thanks in advance!

if you dont have an impact gun and your too lazy to take the shroud off you can grab the hub of the clutch with channel locks like where the set screws go.

While the above techniques will definitely work (been there, done that on both), GENERALLY you can remove it in another way w/o an impact or performing the "rope trick"...
Use the "wrench whack" method:
We use an appropriately-sized long box-end or socket wrench and place it on the bolt in the 10:00 o'clock position. While holding the wrench to the bolt firmly (so it does not slip of), with a swift hard motion, whack down on the end of the wrench with the other hand, and it should loosen. The motion REALLY has to be swift and hard to work. The wrench may fly off the bolt your first time , but that is O.K, and try again until you get it. Unless the bolt is really torqued or rusted on, this method has removed 90%+ of the clutch bolts for us. And remember, when you re-install, the clutch bolt does not have to be THAT tight. (just enough to flatten down the lock washer good) Install a fender washer, lock washer, then the bolt in that order. Give it a try and report back.
Michael

Last edited:
How bout just taking the pull start off and holding the flywheel nut with a socket so the crank wont spin..
If the flywheel nut was torqued properly when installed (54ftlbs) it should not even try to come loose when using this method
Unless you now have bigger problems on the other end of the crank.