How do you transport your mini bikes?

I think this type of thread has been brought up before, but I can't seem to find it....
How do you guys transport your minis?
Anybody have a bumper rack?
PICS would be nice...
how bout minibikes that are built to match your car? or with a rack on your car for your bike?

I have a mini van and it has a bumper rack-If I'm taking my Honda street bike and my mini the mini is inside and the Honda on the rack. The hold downs for the back seats are a good spot to hook the hold down straps to.

Street Smart

my mini matches my 67 suburban, i just ratchet strap it to the seat with blankets. i keep saying i`m gonna figure out a better way but never get around to it.

I built a rack out of 2"x8" treated lumber I bought from my local Lowe's. It'll hold two Baja Warrior's with a DB30 in between. I use a ratchet strap to secure the bikes while hauling, and the rack is held in place with two chains that connect to hooks located in the lower front of the truck bed. I can haul an additional DB30 between the two Warriors/DB30 in the rack and the tailgate.

Jimmy S.

cxbra

I throw my Bonanza in the trunk of my Camry! I just make sure to empty the oil and gas, and pop her on in there. I dont have to take off the bars or anything! My old db30 wouldnt fit in there EVEN with the bars/forks off.:scooter:

My Mini is painted to match my 1969 Corvette, I use a small HF trailer 40" x 48" to tow the mini and other stuff to car shows and to the race track.

Last edited:

zeeman

Hey Street Smart. Your truck is from the 70's, so why don't you look around to see if you can find any front bumper racks from that era? I had a pair when I was a teenager. Don't forget to strap it down though. Your bumper should be perfect for those old racks.

Very cool setups guys!, street smart, i like that 67, my dad had a bunch of 64-66s c10s great trucks. I never have really seen a suburban 67, really cool! any more pics of the truck?

Street Smart

Hey Street Smart. Your truck is from the 70's, so why don't you look around to see if you can find any front bumper racks from that era? I had a pair when I was a teenager. Don't forget to strap it down though. Your bumper should be perfect for those old racks.
I don`t mind having it inside the truck . i just need to make up some eyes to hook up the straps to. The inside of the truck was redone not long ago, fresh paint and carpet so i try not to scratch it up.