how fast can everyones mini bike go??

Currently my Warrior with a 11hp Briggs INTEK on a 7.1:1 ratio(14T clutch, to 20-10 jackshaft, to 50T rear) is doing about 38, governor still intact but adjusted to the highest setting. It'll get to that speed damn quick too, and on one wheel if you feel like it, since 38mph is actually only about 1/4 throttle. It'll do 38 up a hill the original 6.5 would only manage 10 up, and get to 38 faster than a Yamaha 350 quad.

I like this Briggs motor, and I'd like for it to last a while so I'm hesitant to exceed the governor's highest possible speed or really dink with it too much.

Maybe if some of those cheap Chinese torque converters make their way over here I'll get one, and by my calculations that should put me into the mid-50's for top end, assuming a .9 overdrive.

too fast for me

Hi my names John im 24 and live in Pennsylvania

I built a lil indian with a 206 intek a few years ago it was pretty stout i went up every single hill in my area, I live in the Monongahela river valley and our hills are frickin steep i was impressed well long story short i sold it when times got hard and havent gave it much thought...

well a week ago I see this forum and i got the bug again. I got a rolling frame for 20 bucks yesterday off a friend .went out and bought a hillard extreme duty clutch #40 10 tooth, also a box of chain links and 2 sprockets one is 30 tooth the other is 26 tooth "got all the parts from tractor suppy co for 97 bucks

I had the engine already it was out of my go kart. its a robin 6.5 like 5 years old

i had to drill the tractor supply sprokets they was just blanks but other then that assembly was a breeze since i had to do no other fab

i ended up using the 30 tooth sprocket

i took it out for a ride when i was done building it like 7 oclock at first it was a bit disappointing the acceleration is bad but after i realized the engine had a throttle limiter screw it was on like donkey kong I was cruzin close to 40 mph lots of wobbles but im getting the hang of it "weight over front end"

Currently my Warrior with a 11hp Briggs INTEK on a 7.1:1 ratio(14T clutch, to 20-10 jackshaft, to 50T rear) is doing about 38, governor still intact but adjusted to the highest setting. It'll get to that speed damn quick too, and on one wheel if you feel like it, since 38mph is actually only about 1/4 throttle. It'll do 38 up a hill the original 6.5 would only manage 10 up, and get to 38 faster than a Yamaha 350 quad.
is that because it puts out 100ft/lbs of torque?

Wes

We raced at a 1/3 mile dirt oval in August and the winner had an average speed on his fastest lap of over 54mph. Average. He runs a Doodlebug with a Box Stock engine with basic mods. Mine was a little under 54mph. I am running a Doodlebug with a Briggs Raptor that's an alcoholic. We are racing again on Saturday. Hopefully we will have some better top speeds...

54 mph?! Yes, what gearing ARE you running? What rpm's does your engine turn? Also, how is the acceleration if youve got that high of a topspeed. I need to mod mine to do 50.

I had my neighbor down my street clock me with his radar gun in is sheriffs car. I got to 30 with fully inflated tires and riding with as little weight as I could. helmet, shirt, shorts, shoes, gloves. freezing cold, but still made it to 30. also told me to keep it under that as he doesnt wanna give me a ticket.

I clocked my Tule Trooper with Harbor Freight 6.5hp engine at 32. It has the power to move, but will need to change gearing to make it faster. It's built for off-road trailblazing right now.
I dream of dropping a Yamaha 350 twin 2 stroke from a RZ or Banshee. :drool:

the trick is in the gearing if you are sold on top speed run a small rear sprocket .i personally go for torque .on my flat track bike top speed is about 50. but it will hit 50 fast

Gearing charts say my bikes will both hit 50mph but I think realistically its more like 45 mph top speed and 30+ for every day riding.

1. 6.5hp clone with a torque converter in a mini baja trail bike.

2. modded 5hp Briggs with torque converter in my super secret custom project bike :deal: I'll post up pics when it's rebuilt (I finished it but went trail riding with my bro and trashed it:gunsmilie:)

Well I don't have my mini built yet, so no bragging rights... I'll just pick MDB brains for what it takes my 200# butt to get to 60mph :) I am building a very nice kart with dual clones and hope it will do 45 with gobbs of torque... torque is sometimes more fun than all out spped, unless of course you setting some land speed records like the people in MDB's videos :eek:hmy:

This has been a very interesting thread with some really impressive numbers.... I'd have to have a ejector seat to try for 90 mph on a minibike :wink: