How Much Does it cost to build your own Mini Drag Bike????

I was wondering (for the heck of it) how much it would cost to make a mini drag bike if i bought the separate parts. Also any idea where you could get parts like a drag bike chassis

Last edited:

korndog

A real drag bike?

300 for roller
125+ for clutch
1000+++ for engine

that's it, no way around it. If anybody tells you different, they are lying.

And Mac is right; they broke the mold after they made MDB.

A real drag bike?

300 for roller
125+ for clutch
1000+++ for engine

that's it, no way around it. If anybody tells you different, they are lying.

And Mac is right; they broke the mold after they made MDB.
That's about as straightforward an answer as you'll ever get!:thumbsup:

Korndog dont mince words, only the competition!:pimp:

KB2ROCKET

I agree with what has been said so far . But you need to understand that the small details rack up a lot of money too not to mention things you try that just didn't workout.
It is always cheaper to buy someone elses failed project and fix it or buy a completed project rather than building from scratch

Much of it depends on skill level. There are a lot of enthusiasts that pick up small engine modification with some even having backgrounds in performance street racing and you see it all the time. Lots of talk, with little to no results that end in catastrophic failure. Commitment, humility, and a good amount of determination will see your project through. My recommendation read and search. Good luck.

I was wondering (for the heck of it) how much it would cost to make a mini drag bike if i bought the separate parts. Also any idea where you could get parts like a drag bike chassis

I have two that don't look like drag bikes, however two hot motor's will set you back a thousand dollars easy (each). If you have it built for you? I do suggest this. Add $200.00 for labor.

KD had a roller for sale recently>???

I say the dollar figure is low. I know many who will agree $2500.00-$3000.00 to do 80 mph. To do 55 mph it's much less....

Good luck!

TT Out~

If your "serious", .......what Korndog said.
If you just wanna have fun an "build your own mini dragbike" It doesn't take a lot of money. This bike ran 63 mph in the 1/8th, and here's the cost.

Used Doodlebug 150
2 stock Clones 150
Tires 75
2 clutches 100
chain, fuel line, etc...50
The rest was found, fabbed and recycled and time.
So roughly 550 bucks and some elbow grease.
It may not be the fastest, but it makes me smile everytime I fire it up. :thumbsup:

Wow, I'M A DUMBASS!!!
I saw the date and didn't even think.
Whoopsie!!
I was looking for tire info and stumbled across this thread,
saw the 11 and 7 and wigged out on the "10"....sucks gettin' old. :rolleyes:

Put it to you this way, the guys above aren't kidding or blowing smoke. I have the rear assembly, forks, neck tube, frame table(for making the frame), and motor. I'm already over $500, actually way over that now. So thats not even including the $600 in motor parts, and $300+ in clutch system. Just go ahead and say $2,000-$2,500.

It 's now a three year old thread lol
But as mentioned above it is not cheap to scratch build any bike
My twin engine SlowPoke from last years build off with box stock clones ran me
best part of $1000 and it is not even a true race bike lol

It 's now a three year old thread lol
But as mentioned above it is not cheap to scratch build any bike
My twin engine SlowPoke from last years build off with box stock clones ran me
best part of $1000 and it is not even a true race bike lol
Same goes for my V-twin warrior. Goin fast ain't for the frugal. :laugh:

toomanytoys

The question never is how fast do you want to go? Its how much do you want to spend?

I started a project car in 2003. Added a turbo setup to it. It was great for about 3 months. Oh man this is slow, pulled the motor, forged internals, head work, over sized valves, and a cam then cranked the boost from 9psi to 20psi, tuned it. Oh man this is great! 6 months later blew the transmission. Rebuild transmission and put it all back together, this is great! Blew an axle a week later, custom built axles..oh man this is great...then I went oh crap this isn't great, I just bought a 15,000 dollar car, put 20,000 more into it and have a 10,000 dollar used car. This isn't so great.

It sure was funny though driving around in a completely stock looking 2003 Dodge Neon SXT and blowing mustangs off the road like its nothing. Ran 10.93 in the quarter on slicks. To get it into 9s would of been a ton more money, and no longer streetable.

I ended up pulling the motor and putting a junkyard SOHC 2.0 and transmission from a 97 Dodge Neon and stuffed it in there. Then traded the car in on a new truck. I sold the engine, transmission and the entire turbo setup to a guy for 10,000. I lost my butt on that deal, but made more than I would of if I would of traded the car in with all the mods.