How much snow you getting???

I74

We are in the midst of a ''brutal'' winter blizzard .:eek:
Temps. are supposed to drop around -15*, & winds of over 28mph later on,, & gusts of up to 41mph early this eve !
I was lucky enough that my next door neighbor had an extra pack of smokes,, so I wouldn't have to ''try'' & drive in this $shit.

Couldn't hardly even see, walk'n over there,, as it's already a white out.
Don't think googles would even help much in this.... o_O

Hope we don't loose power,, that would really suck.

Like it here in the late spring /early summer,, & some of the fall ,, but that's it.
Absolutely hate the winters here,, especially early Jan. thru late Feb.
100_6490.JPG

Last edited:
We are in the midst of a ''brutal'' winter blizzard .:eek:
Temps. are supposed to drop around -15*, & winds of over 28mph later on,, & gusts of up to 41mph early this eve !
I was lucky enough that my next door neighbor had an extra pack of smokes,, so I wouldn't have to ''try'' & drive in this $shit.

Couldn't hardly even see, walk'n over there,, as it's already a white out.
Don't think googles would even help much in this.... o_O

Hope we don't loose power,, that would really suck.

Like it here in the late spring /early summer,, & some of the fall ,, but that's it.
Absolutely hate the winters here,, especially early Jan. thru late Feb.
View attachment 274819
That's all I worry about when getting a blizzard is my smokes. Lol

NorCal

I grew up on the California coast and I now I reside on the Gulf of Mexico, so the short answer is:

"What is this snow thing your talk about?"

:p

I74

I grew up on the California coast and I now I reside on the Gulf of Mexico, so the short answer is:

Am originally from the Bay area.
Would go back,, but it would make me cry,,, seeing it all burned up. :(

NorCal

Am originally from the Bay area.
Would go back,, but it would make me cry,,, seeing it all burned up. :(
Its the rapid decline and homeless EVERYWHERE that kind of took my breath away. Sad to say, but its a great place to be FROM!

I grew up on the California coast
I grew up in the Bay Area, and I remember as a kid going to Tahoe and wondering why they had tennis courts and golf courses and such when everything was ALWAYS covered in snow. Guess when you're a kid and every time you go somewhere it's winter you just assume it's always like that. :)

I74

I rode my Shovelhead chopper to Tahoe, & it was cool,, except for the park narks not liking where we camped,, & the Cops in Truckee. :rolleyes:
''They didn't like Hippie Bikers''.
There is a saying that goes with that ''now'' in Cali : ,,
''Come to California on vacation,, leave California on probation''.
& that was back in 87'',, last time I was out there.
It's got lots worse since,, from what I here. .

Very sad .

PS,,
''Welcome to OldMiniBikes, Kelly 1005'' !! :)

Last edited:

delray

enjoy your weather now. coming early summer for you it will be so dam HOT you will have to bunker down in a air conditioning room or i should say the humidity so bad....:p. i have gone to gulfport miss in june many times and by then the weather is to dam hot for any activities that people just stay inside.
summer in the deep south really do suck.

I74

One of the things I miss about N Cali , is that the climate up along the coast is generally pretty bearable year round.

Last edited:

I74

-18*f here in east central ''ice box Iowa'' this morning,, ''without the wind chill'' ..... :eek:o_O

Last edited:

I74

That's cold. Got 2" snow yesterday. Most snow we had in years. About 25 here today.
Beyond frigid cold Karen.
It's supposed to pretty much stay sub 0 for another week or so yet also. :rolleyes:

Had to put air in the tires on my car to keep the TPMS from tripping.
You loose around 1 lb. of air for about every 10.*F you drop.

Last edited:

wjustice

Beyond frigid cold Karen.
It's supposed to pretty much stay sub 0 for another week or so yet also. :rolleyes:

Had to put air in the tires on my car to keep the TPMS from tripping.
You loose around 1 lb. of air for about every 10.*F you drop.
Yup! The first cold snap and the first deep freeze are the days you see a line of people waiting at wawa to get free air because their TPMS light is on.

I74

Forecast here on Sun. is supposed to be ''-31*f '' with the wind chill !!!!!!
Gonna have to wear one of my pandemic masks when going outside just to keep my face ect. from freezing .:eek:o_O